Main Menu

Took both Challengers to a show for the very first time ever....

Started by GrandpaKevin, October 11, 2020, 09:31:44 AM

Previous topic Next topic

GrandpaKevin

I haven't seen this 69 Road Runner in quite awhile.

I tried to buy it 20 plus years ago when the owner pulled it out of his parents garage.

Very original 4 speed car.

I'm needing a big block B body....

Mr Lee

Double the fun!
Did you end up with two purple challengers like that by chance or on purpose?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Remember, wherever you go, there you are.

Mr Lee

Quote from: GrandpaKevin on October 11, 2020, 01:59:40 PM
Some of you might have seen this beautiful local Hemi 'Cuda on display at Summit Racing or in Summit's commercials.

https://www.ispot.tv/ad/Ijjs/summit-racing-equipment-deja-vu
Yes i saw that car at Carlisle this year.  The paint job on that thing is absolutely sick.  Its like the smoothest blackest mirror

RUNCHARGER

Sheldon

xx88man

Keep yer foot in it

GrandpaKevin

Quote from: Mr Lee on October 11, 2020, 08:08:22 PM
Double the fun!
Did you end up with two purple challengers like that by chance or on purpose?

Not planned.
Wife's dad brought her car up from Arizona back in the 80's and built/restored it as a street/strip car. Typical 80's build, dome pistons, big cam, big converter, 4.56 rear Custom built rear leaf springs to jack the car up for big tires....Paint was done by one of the best in our area in the 80's and is good old single stage enamel.
When he passed suddenly in 2007 the wife loved the car but couldn't bear to look at it so we buried in the garage for about 10 years.
One day she decided it was time to drive it so I went through the car making it more driver friendly for her.
Built/installed a mild 440 Six Pack engine and transmission, converted the car to power steering, front discs added and put a B body rear end under it. Repainted the enginet compartment.
Pics are the day we pulled the car out of it's 10 year storage.
She gets a great sense of pride every time she drives it,

I just happen to find mine on line right after selling my 1969 B5 Super Bee back in 2005.
Wasn't really looking for another but the price was right and I really liked the unusual original cloth insert interior and 4 speed.
Had it shipped from out west.

Mr Lee

I like those cloth interiors too. 
Very cool to have the old sticker in the window.
Yeah that must have been a tough loss of her father.  Glad she kept the car in the long run. Very cool to have her fathers car to drive and live on. 
Thanks for sharing. 

RUNCHARGER

Both great cars, agree the cloth interior and 4 speed combo is hard to beat.
Sheldon