Main Menu

What did you do with your ebody/Mopar today?

Started by Brads70, March 21, 2017, 03:19:50 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Cudajason

Quote from: 71-440 on April 19, 2023, 05:37:54 PM
I posted this in the need help thread as an update.

Yesterday I got the water pump,alternator and power steering pump/reservoir installed.
Good thing I took pictures before I broke it down. Had to play with the spacers and switched out a couple bolts that were too short in my opinion.
Was hoping to get more done but maybe Friday I'll have some more time.

@71-440 what brand mounts are those?  The look good!
1974 Cuda. 360 / A500 OD.  Yes its pink, no its not my wife's car!  Yes I drive it.

71-440

Hey Jason,

Those are March Brackets and pulleys.
The guy who built the car originally did all that.
Here's a link

https://marchperformance.com/

Joe
Joe

anlauto

Quote from: 71-440 on April 20, 2023, 01:24:53 PM
Hey Jason,

Those are March Brackets and pulleys.
The guy who built the car originally did all that.
Here's a link

https://marchperformance.com/

Joe
Do you get belt squeal ? March is well known for that  :pullinghair:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

71-440

Hey Alan,

No I didn't have any belt squeal.

Joe
Joe

anlauto

Nice.... :twothumbsup: to hear it's not an issues with all of them... :bricks:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

Cuda_mark

I finally ordered my convertible top and glass rear window. I had originally planned on ordering it from Electron Top but I waited so long that they went out of business!! I'm just hoping the one I bought is decent quality.

chargerdon

I drove to the Good Guys Griot car show at the Raleigh, NC fairgrounds.   Worked two hours directing traffic as a Piedmont CC member and good free entry and car registration.   Will go back Sunday morning.   Big show...probably well over 1500 cars and vendors...   

Blue Print Engine company was there and on display several engines including a 426 Hemi Gen III with attached Tremec 6sp.   They list it at over 800 HP and with a staggering $34,000 pricetag.    Are they nuts...?? 

anlauto

This is new...don't work on A Bodies too often and it just so happens I have two 340 Demons on the go  :drunk:

jimynick

After getting the diff back in my Challenger and taking it for a ride, I heard noises and was so bummed that I just put 'er back in the garage and nursed my battered feeling with a wee Scotch- or two. Today my sons came over and Nick jacked the car up and fired it up and ran it up to 70 mph (yikes) on the 6 ton stands and said he didn't really hear anything!?? Even though I'd set the axle end play before going out, when we checked it again it was way off. I suspect that even though I'd gotten about 10 or 12 thou initially, that I hadn't forced the right axle into close enough contact with the left and we measured over .045" in the lft axle alone. We cranked the adjuster until we had no real end play in the lft axle and then reset the adjuster to about .010 on the rt axle. Retorqued the wheels- is it just me that thinks 65lb/ft to be a little skimpy on the wheel nut torque? and there's not much runout now. I'll wait for better weather and take 'er out praying all the way. There's an old saying that God looks out for drunks and fools, so I may have an "in", eh?  :cheers:
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

dodj

Quote from: anlauto on April 21, 2023, 04:59:27 PM
This is new...don't work on A Bodies too often and it just so happens I have two 340 Demons on the go  :drunk:
Wrong site........ :pokeeye:
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

dodj

Finally ordered up some 1" aluminium bar stock to relocate the front sway bar on the QA1 K-member. I think I put the k-member in in 2018 or 19...kinda slow on ordering the aluminium....to finish the job.... ::)
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

blown motor

@jimynick  I agree that 65 seems a little light. I set mine to 75.
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

dodj

Quote from: blown motor on April 24, 2023, 06:55:02 AM
@jimynick  I agree that 65 seems a little light. I set mine to 75.
My Wheels nuts are torqued to first 50ftlbs, then 90ftlbs.....they don't strip out too often....lol

wes473

Well been a while since I have posted much, I moved my tarped 70 cuda out of the way so I could finish up my dad's plum crazy to get her drivable. Every time I fired her up, my neighbor appears out of nowhere ready to help me tune the Holley some more :burnout:

Pick this car up last year as a basket case with good parts and good bones, trying to get that heavy Cam and high-rise intake to agree with the 750 Holley.

jimynick

Looks pretty good! Dad ought to be happy!  :cheers:
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"