Main Menu

What did you do with your ebody/Mopar today?

Started by Brads70, March 21, 2017, 03:19:50 PM

Previous topic Next topic

YellowThumper

As much as I am not a fan of the blue. It is correct and needs to be...
Agreed also on aluminum.
Looks good and proper
Life is to be viewed thru the windshield. Not rear view mirror.
You are the only one in charge of your destiny.

Mike.

340challconvert

Cleaning up the rear wheel wells; scraping off the original undercoat and preparing for trunk floor removal.
Finished the driver's side, cleaned, prepped, rust proofed.
Now working on passenger side.
Bottom of rt side back, wheel well will need small patch; installing a new trunk floor soon
Pictures of left side after completion
A lot of work, but well worth it.
:wrenching:

Data Moderator A66 Challenger Registry

Owner of 1970 A66 Challenger convertible

cudaragtop

Look what followed us home.
Went to the SF Bay area bought this and brought it home.
Dylan and I left at 5:30AM Saturday morning and got home at 5:30AM Monday morning. 48 hour total round trip and 1700 miles.
1970 Challenger
318, AT console 904, Bucket seats, Go Mango, Burnt Orange Interior, White Vinyl top, V5X (Aftermarket not OEM), Rallye Dash, 275/40ZR18 rear, 245/45/ZR18 front, New front suspension with Wilwood front disc, new dual exhaust without dual valance or tips.
No fender tag, No BS. Original owner passed away and left to his sister before finishing. Don't think either were "Mopar" people but he was in the process of bringing it back to its original glory when he passed. Was an investment in sentiment not resale value for sure.
Not sure what the plans are yet but could not pass it up. It needed to come home with us.  :ohyeah:

- Randy D. 1970 'Cuda 340 4-Speed Convertible
69 Barracuda G3 Hemi/8HP70 Resto-Mod Project Album: https://goo.gl/photos/XjsAsx4LDo7psimU8

303 Mopar

Quote from: cudaragtop on March 26, 2018, 07:12:28 PM
Look what followed us home.

What a great looking Challenger!  Nice wheels with that color too.

Chryco Psycho

Great Challenger Randy  :twothumbsup:

RUNCHARGER

That is a good looking Challenger. I even like the aftermarket wheels.
Sheldon

7212Mopar

Nice Challenger. Would you mind telling us where in the bay area? The local guys are not aware of this one. Otherwise, good chance it will stay in CA. Good catch.
1973 Challenger Rallye, 416 AT
2012 Challenger SRT8 6 speed Yellow Jacket

cudaragtop

Quote from: 7212Mopar on March 26, 2018, 10:02:15 PM
Nice Challenger. Would you mind telling us where in the bay area? The local guys are not aware of this one. Otherwise, good chance it will stay in CA. Good catch.

The original owner lived in Vallejo and had been in the process of restoring it but passed away in 2016 before finishing.
Left to his sister. Neither were "Mopar" people. He just loved his car and wanted bring it back.
I heard about it through a work acquaintance. He was helping his fiancee's aunt sell it.
Had been for sale for a while but not on craigslist.

69 Barracuda G3 Hemi/8HP70 Resto-Mod Project Album: https://goo.gl/photos/XjsAsx4LDo7psimU8

Flatdad

Climbed into the Challenger with an arm-full of pry bars, hammer & chisel, spot weld cutter, tin snips, and vice-grips. Assaulted the sheetmetal for a few hours and didn't stop until the rear floor pan and footwells were chopped. Finished up by laying in the new repop floor metal and enjoyed a victory soda pop.

There's light at the end of the tunnel for this project!

340challconvert

Like that color combo on the Challenger that followed you home!
Looking good. :D

Data Moderator A66 Challenger Registry

Owner of 1970 A66 Challenger convertible

blown motor

Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

HP_Cuda

1970 Cuda Yellow 440 4 speed (Sold)
1970 Cuda clone 440 4 speed FJ5
1975 Dodge Power Wagon W200

cudaragtop

Title Transfer, Registration, Fees, Tax, Tax, and Fees Done and Done. At least I only have to do it once.
Year of Issue License Plate. Same as Collector Car Plate. Permanent, one time payment.

Just happened to have a 1970 WA Plate hanging around...
And yes the bumper is a little tweaked. I thought there was maybe a bumper hitch but I was wrong.
Looking through old pictures, the original owner had at one time bolted large round rubber "Bumpers" where the holes are.
Shaking my head...

Brads70

Quote from: cudaragtop on March 27, 2018, 04:35:51 PM
Title Transfer, Registration, Fees, Tax, Tax, and Fees Done and Done. At least I only have to do it once.
Year of Issue License Plate. Same as Collector Car Plate. Permanent, one time payment.

Just happened to have a 1970 WA Plate hanging around...
And yes the bumper is a little tweaked. I thought there was maybe a bumper hitch but I was wrong.
Looking through old pictures, the original owner had at one time bolted large round rubber "Bumpers" where the holes are.
Shaking my head...

nice car, congrats!!  Now the bumper looks like a new keystone bumper!  :D

cudaragtop

Need to find a source for Burnt Orange interior paint/dye for the dash, console, steering column and front kick panels.
What have you guys with Burnt Orange interiors used?
I've had no luck searching for SEM Burnt Orange.  :pullinghair: