Sad day in the Mopar World as we lost another

Started by Chryco, January 27, 2018, 03:37:19 PM

Previous topic Next topic

bpsmopar

Quote from: anlauto on January 28, 2018, 06:10:50 PM
Quote from: bpsmopar on January 28, 2018, 06:00:47 PM
Quote from: anlauto on January 27, 2018, 06:52:53 PM
I've heard the name, but never any dealings with him... :andyangel:

The rimblows you installed on the 2 sunroof Challengers came from Jerome. You will need
2 more that Jerome completed in December.

I find that interesting @bpsmopar , because you supplied me with two reproduction Rim-blows as well.....that's what's in the purple car and on the FF4 car's column right now. I only received one "restored" wheel and that went in the red car, if I remember correctly. If you have two more restored wheels send them to me and I'll put them in the FF4 car and FJ5 car.

That's bizarre because I've never bought a reproduction rimblow. Didn't know they were reproduced.
Who does them? Sure you didn't get wheels mixed up with someone else's? :notsure:

anlauto

Quote from: bpsmopar on January 28, 2018, 06:45:10 PM

That's bizarre because I've never bought a reproduction rimblow. Didn't know they were reproduced.
Who does them? Sure you didn't get wheels mixed up with someone else's? :notsure:

They were packed nicely together in a boxed that was shipped to Dave in Michigan. They had your name on the box. They were given to me when Dave Sr and JD dropped off the red car I believe. The restored wheel was given to me when I picked up the purple car.

Maybe somebody sold them to you as restored wheels, but they are reproductions....made by OER sold through Classic Industries. Go look out the two cars and you can see the slight differences in the wheel...I guess very slight if you never noticed. The dead give away is that there is no stamping numbers anywhere on the spokes and the center cap retainer is different.

@bpsmopar ....I'm appalled that you think I would get parts mixed up between customer's  :rolleyes: :console:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

bpsmopar

Ok, I'll compare them. You'll get over it!  :yes:

fc7cuda

Sad to hear another craftsman, with a good reputation has passed.   :worship:

I think Brice might be carrying on some wheel restoration/sales.  :alan2cents:

js27

Sorry to hear. I have some of his parts on my Challenger from 20 years ago and they are still perfect.
JS27