Main Menu

1971 440/6 Shaker Cuda Convertible

Started by MasonDaniel7, July 01, 2020, 12:25:54 AM

Previous topic Next topic

cudamadd

Nice only if Ihad the $$$$ like most people I guess  :dunno:

larry4406

Nice car!

Any other resto pictures of it posted on the net somewhere?

SgtSuperbird

That has got to be one of the finest cars/color combinations of all time. All I can say is, I wish...

I'd like to ask a question, since I'm kind of an E-body "rookie": are those mufflers correct?

anlauto

Yes, those are the correct mufflers, look like ECS pieces. :rubeyes:

I can't believe a restoration can cost $238,000.00 dollars  :o
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

kdcarman

"I purchased the car from an auction for $755,000"

And the car is being run through ebay with no reserve?
Does not seem logical.

anlauto

I wonder if he's looking to "make money" or just bail out of his $755K investment. :dunno:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

RUNCHARGER

Beautiful car, although I prefer 70's.
Sheldon

RacerX

How much trust can you put in that touted "vehicle inspection report" when they botched a
key point right out of the gate?

They claim:

"The car here came off the assembly line in Hamtramck, Michigan, in late August of 1970, making it an early constructed model for the new car season." 

The fender tag shows a scheduled build date of B24, the broadcast sheet shows B24, and they even wrote B24 on their "report"

B24...   NOVEMBER 24!

I always have to chuckle when people put these "reports" in their ads as if it carries some great weight and the buyer of a half million dollar vehicle won't be doing their own due diligence...

Jay Bee

Auction ended. $689,100.00 USD. ($935,108.29 CAD, according to eBay)

TA/Z06/GSXR1100

$689K ! Yikes!  For a car with drum brakes , leaf springs , cast iron engine , a gimmicky air-intake system , fender gills that lead to nowhere ....etc.
Been an E-body fan since my teens . No doubt  both models (Cuda / Challenger ) have super elegant lines. That being said they're a bit over mythologized! : )

anlauto

If it was a real sale I guess he lost money  :dunno: