Main Menu

71 Barracuda Convertible

Started by 70 Challenger Lover, April 26, 2019, 11:59:23 AM

Previous topic Next topic

70 Challenger Lover

I don't have the eBay link anymore as the ad expired with no buyer. I'm flying out Friday to inspect a 71 Barracuda convertible. Many of you will recognize it from other posts I've made plus it's been offered for sale for two years now.

The car was professionally restored a few years ago to the tune of $54k. The shop that did it was kind enough to answer all my questions and even provide the final invoice. The invoice was extremely detailed and pretty much answers all questions. The guy remembered the car well and said it was super nice when they got it except for some minor metal damage to both quarters requiring replacement of both.

I think I know what to inspect but I'd welcome any suggestions or advice to add to my inspection list. Especially if there are specific things that plague these cars.

The seller has given me copies of the build sheet, fender tag, and registration and so far, everything looks great.

Cuda_mark

anlauto

I think we covered everything in the other thread(s). Good luck with your purchase.  :twothumbsup:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

70 Challenger Lover

Quote from: anlauto on April 26, 2019, 01:02:21 PM
I think we covered everything in the other thread(s). Good luck with your purchase.  :twothumbsup:

I think so too but I'd thought I'd see if anyone else had opinions who might not had seen the other threads on build sheet stuff.

Yes, this is the one in Connecticut. Seller seems like a real nice guy.

The car is pretty close to my bucket list car (minus the BS code) but getting any closer would require a lot more cash. A lot more. Although it's sooner than I planned, I don't think I'll find another at this price (assuming it's really as nice as he claims).

70 Challenger Lover

I saw that one too and it looks nice. State issued VIN though, no thanks. Plus it's yet another cloned tribute car. Nearly every one of the 700 or so non Cuda cars have been altered in this way.