Main Menu

71 Challenger Convertible Survivor auction

Started by MKA, February 02, 2022, 08:38:23 PM

Previous topic Next topic

MKA

Flat hood.  Being discussed on the ebody Facebook page also.   A little rough underneath , but unique look and solid up top

https://www.proxibid.com/1971-Dodge-Challenger-Convertible/lotInformation/66590688

JH27N0B

Tawny gold is an interesting but still sort of ugly color in my mind.  I still sort of like it.
Survivor yet most of the badging is missing, fenders, trunk lid and even dash pad.
Wouldn't it have had wheel opening moldings?
I suspect it's been repainted.

anlauto

Love the location of the front bumper guards and the awesome gas cap  :twothumbsup:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Challenger in NC

Quote from: anlauto on February 03, 2022, 05:51:26 AM
Love the location of the front bumper guards and the awesome gas cap  :twothumbsup:
Yeah, why would they go to the trouble of relocating the bumper guards?

71vert340

Door mirrors don't match. Dash cap glued on terrible. No collapsible spare. Rear speaker holes in rear panels. Door panels and arm rests in sad shape. Hole in trunk floor pan needs patch. All fixable if car can be had at a fair price.
Terry W.

anlauto

I think mid $20's is fair...be a great resto-mod :pokeeye:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

71vert340

It's been over 40 years since I owned a convertible Challenger with the power top. In the photo of the inside left side of the  trunk, there's a black box up on the wheel well. Is that for the power top? I just don't remember that box in my 70 R/T convertible.
Terry W.

JH27N0B

No, I'm not sure where the motor and hydraulics are but they are down in the convertible top well somewhere.  I just looked at my car and there is nothing there.  Maybe in that '71 its a amp for an aftermarket stereo or something?  We don't even know if the 71 has a power top?

Daveh

My 71 convertible has the pump in the middle towards the top of the rear seat.  The struts are on either side. 

MKA

On my 70 the motor is dead center under the well.  My first thought when I saw this car was manual top, but no idea what the item is on the driver side. 

71vert340

Yes, now I remember the top hydraulics after seeing MKA's photo. Well, it would be interesting to know what it is on the "survivor" car.
Terry W.