Main Menu

AAR Project in Cleveland

Started by ChallengerHK, February 06, 2017, 12:12:17 PM

Previous topic Next topic

ChallengerHK

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Crocha617

Alot more then the motor is gone on that one.....

Spikedog08

Quote from: Crocha617 on February 06, 2017, 12:20:57 PM
Alot more then the motor is gone on that one.....

Did you see pictures?
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

Crocha617

No I didn't see any pictures but I talked to the guy last week. I'm trying to find an AAR for a friend. Lets just say there's very very little left of the original body shell.

Spikedog08

Quote from: Crocha617 on February 06, 2017, 12:50:49 PM
No I didn't see any pictures but I talked to the guy last week. I'm trying to find an AAR for a friend. Lets just say there's very very little left of the original body shell.

I text him and was told that there is no body . . I asked  . . "you mean no motor?". He said "no motor or body?"  I asked . . What exactly are you selling .  . The VIN plate and some parts?   No body and no motor?  Seriously? 

:notsure:
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

Cuda Cody

:crazytalk:  What is he thinking?   :drunk:

Quote from: Spikedog08 on February 06, 2017, 08:16:15 PM
Quote from: Crocha617 on February 06, 2017, 12:50:49 PM

I text him and was told that there is no body . . I asked  . . "you mean no motor?". He said "no motor or body?"  I asked . . What exactly are you selling .  . The VIN plate and some parts?   No body and no motor?  Seriously? 

:notsure:

70chall440

Well for $10.. what would you expect..  :rofl:
Mopar or no car!!!

71GranCoupe

ChallengerHK

That's funny. I thought he put $10 as short for $10,000.

Crocha617

It is $10,000
You get cowl & Radiator support numbers, vin, & fender tag. Doors, busted up hood, interior parts, and some other misc. parts. The car was a B5 blue auto

ChallengerHK

So, essentially he's selling a rebody kit for $10k?

Blake@diyhemi.com

well that sounds illegal... :vipermanhiding:

I assume someone is holding out for a dynacorn reproduction body or to do some shady stuff. I parted a 73 H code Cuda because it was vin swapped (found out after the fact) Based on the evidence, it was a true 340H car, but when I got it home, the radiator and cowl did not match the dash VIN. I learned a valuable lesson back then.

Guy from Victoria Texas was a snake and had scratched out the door sticker too. I reviewed my video footage when I first inspected the car and it hadn't been swapped yet. It was done after the initial inspection.

1970 AAR Cuda 
5.7 Hemi /A833 ~ DIYHEMI-Cuda
Looking for my numbers matching 340 TA block!
0B289380

www.diyhemi.com

Your late model Hemi swap resource!

anlauto

This kind of stuff happens all the time. :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

ec_co

you mean for only $10k I can upgrade my slanty to a real AAR  :takemymoney:

j/k ... this stuff pisses me off. if its dead, let it stay dead. too much greed and lack of morals  :deadhorse:
Growing older is mandatory...growing up is optional.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

'70 Barracuda B5/B5 225 /6 3spd ... about as bare bones as they came