Main Menu

New project for A.G.A.R.

Started by anlauto, October 25, 2018, 06:04:33 PM

Previous topic Next topic

anlauto

Well, I have to say without a doubt, this is the nicest car I've ever had the pleasure to restore... :worship:

After purchasing this AAR Cuda brand new, member @SYDWAZ has treated this car with the upmost respect.... will forget about the years he beat on it on the drag strip and got all "side ways" on back country roads.....  ;)  This car has never seen a Canadian Winter, barely seen any of that acid rain clocking up those 48K original miles...and was always kept inside.... Thank you Sydney Wazniack  :rofl:

So now he's agreed to let it out of his sight for the first time in 48 years to allow me the pleasure of performing a ground up restoration, so that it will look better than new and continue a brand new life for another 50 years   :clapping:  Thank you for that honor   :drinkingbud:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

anlauto

Now before all you "survivor purists" out there throw a rod because I'll be destroying this pristine original car with my rattle can restorations....let me list some of the things that have been bugging the owner for the past four decades....

In 71-72 time frame....the Ex-wife, enough said  :haha:  banged up the front fender, since that time it's been full of bondo and cracking and was always three shades darker green....
Huge amount of dents in the driver's door...
The headliner was friendly with Mickey Mouse at one time...
The dash pad is all cracked up...
The rear valance is a different green...
The motor has had issues...
The exhaust is off of a Monza or something...
The entire underside is scaly rust...
Brake lines look unsafe...
Heater core has been hanging out for years...

So after all this time, the owner wants it to be new again, he's enjoyed it through all the different stages, so why not start over :veryexcited:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

Bpret

Wow! That's a clean one. Is that all original paint? The hood isn't even warped.

anlauto

This car will reveal a host of original details I'm sure, it's NEVER been apart before....I can't wait to see what this virgin is hiding....
A couple of curious things I've notice already looking at my pictures....
Look how the tags are stacked with the Trans Am tag on top hiding the codes on the trim tag...you never see that on a restored car....
And how about the myth that ALL AAR's/TA's had three nuts/studs holding each fender on ? :dunno:

FlatlandTA

Wow [emoji108]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

anlauto

Do you think this black on the passenger side inner fender could be factory overspray ? I just noticed it now looking at these pictures, haven't had a chance to inspect it closer  :dunno: :thinking:

FlatlandTA

[emoji848] hard to see on my phone but it's actually black paint? Could it be from the fender fix if it's paint? Interesting

Morty426

Wow that car looks like one clean Jelly Bean - take lots of pictures. 

Cuda Cody

Oh man, that is one cool car and SUPER clean!!!  Can't wait to see the photos as this one progresses along.    :popcorn:

RUNCHARGER

What a nice car: At least with you doing the car he will be driving it probably for next season rather than being drug from shop to shop for decades trying to get it done.
Sheldon

750-h2

You got to love those one owner cars! Especially neat ones like this.

anlauto

Quote from: FlatlandTA on October 25, 2018, 06:35:50 PM
[emoji848] hard to see on my phone but it's actually black paint? Could it be from the fender fix if it's paint? Interesting

That's now how I'm leaning too, because if you look at the one picture I posted above, it looks like that fender AND the header panel are a different colour black :brainiac:

SYDWAZ

:veryexcited: :banana: :grouphug:  Thanks for the comments everyone. You sure know how to build excitement. It is a 43K orig. mile car with orig. paint except for front fender. Not sure about paint on the inside fender. Just think about how many times you have said in your life what you should have done and if I could do it over again; Well If everything goes right I will get to relive that day in day in April 1970  when I brought home a brand new  AAR Cuda to enjoy for the next 48+ yr. Cheers Doug.

1 Wild R/T

Nice AAR!! I was wondering about the black on both side areas of the trunk...

GCragtop