Main Menu

My new project

Started by xx88man, March 15, 2017, 09:40:16 AM

Previous topic Next topic

xx88man

Quote from: RUNCHARGER on March 19, 2017, 09:36:09 PM
Oooh: No sleep for you tonite.

Confession time....the car was a 2 day drive from me so I bought it without looking at it. I had a friend of a member from another site look at the car. At any rate the car is rougher than I was told. I only have myself to blame....looking at a long road ahead on this one.   :rubeyes:
Maybe after you move you can give some tips on metal replacement Sheldon!?! LOL 
Keep yer foot in it

anlauto

Ship the car to Ontario, I'll have it looking like new in no time  :ohyeah: ....nice easy monthly payments :bigmoney:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Cuda Cody

There's always a little more then we think with these type of projects even when we look at them yourself.  Don't worry much about it now.  Be happy you got one super cool car and someday it will be the talk of the town.   

Start with little things that you feel comfortable doing and get help when you need it.  We'll help out as much as we can too.   :slapme5:  You are not alone on the restoration journey.   :drinkingbud:  Of send it to Alan and be driving it this time next year.    :idea:

Quote from: xx88man on March 20, 2017, 04:54:53 PM
Quote from: RUNCHARGER on March 19, 2017, 09:36:09 PM
Oooh: No sleep for you tonite.

Confession time....the car was a 2 day drive from me so I bought it without looking at it. I had a friend of a member from another site look at the car. At any rate the car is rougher than I was told. I only have myself to blame....looking at a long road ahead on this one.   :rubeyes:
Maybe after you move you can give some tips on metal replacement Sheldon!?! LOL

RUNCHARGER

There's usually some extra work in a project car. My MIG, English wheel etc. are all packed up already! I enjoy replacing metal if you need help with it. I agree too, it's still a great car and at least it was fairly local, it hurts when they are a long way and you have the shipping costs as well as the surprise costs.
Sheldon

jimynick

Quote from: RUNCHARGER on March 20, 2017, 05:48:29 PM
There's usually some extra work in a project car. My MIG, English wheel etc. are all packed up already! I enjoy replacing metal if you need help with it. I agree too, it's still a great car and at least it was fairly local, it hurts when they are a long way and you have the shipping costs as well as the surprise costs.
AND, if you truly don't want to get into it that far, just say so and I imagine you'll have no trouble getting rid of it!  :yes:
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

cuda hunter

Quote from: Cuda Cody on March 20, 2017, 05:19:48 PM
There's always a little more then we think with these type of projects even when we look at them yourself.

Isn't that the truth !!!
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

xx88man

Quote from: anlauto on March 20, 2017, 04:59:20 PM
Ship the car to Ontario, I'll have it looking like new in no time  :ohyeah: ....nice easy monthly payments :bigmoney:

Thanks for the offer Alan....although it might be a longer road I think I'll try to attempt it myself with the help of the awesome folks here. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.....right?  :bigthumb:
Keep yer foot in it

xx88man

Quote from: RUNCHARGER on March 20, 2017, 05:48:29 PM

Ya I expected some extra work on this one. Thanks for the offer Sheldon, I may have to take you up on that since I have never attempted metal replacement at all. LOL  Let me know if there is some way I can help with your move....I know that's not a fun job!   :pullinghair:
Keep yer foot in it

RUNCHARGER

I should be good. Enclosed car trailer for a couple of trips and hired grunts from labour ready. I'll look you up when I get down there, I'd love to check out the Cuda.
Sheldon

xx88man

Keep yer foot in it

Blake@diyhemi.com

Classic industries sells the panels in tan and gold as well as the common colors. Anyone have any experience with them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1970 AAR Cuda 
5.7 Hemi /A833 ~ DIYHEMI-Cuda
Looking for my numbers matching 340 TA block!
0B289380

www.diyhemi.com

Your late model Hemi swap resource!