Main Menu

Ben Snobar Auction - Olympia, WA 8/1-2

Started by 303 Mopar, May 16, 2017, 02:01:12 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Cuda Cody

Pretty sure it's a Gen 1.  1993 or 1994?

Quote from: cuda hunter on May 30, 2017, 09:00:12 PM
I see 3 vipers.  It was mentioned that there are 4 vipers.  Nothing on the auctioneers preview page of the fourth viper. 
Any idea of what the other viper is?

cuda hunter

"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

Topcat

This auction company has their work cut out for them. 

cuda hunter

"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

303 Mopar

Quote from: Topcat on May 30, 2017, 09:15:01 PM
This auction company has their work cut out for them.

Just think about how busy UPS is going to be....

rocketresto

Yes the 4th Viper is completely buried in one of the other shops, 1st Gen black car.  It's probably the roughest one.  Almost zero cell signal out at the house and only have WiFi in the main shop as it doesn't travel well outside metal buildings.
Rocket Restorations
Olympia, Washington

rocketresto

The 72 Charger is in the same building as the Viper - again completely buried.  It's a sunroof U-Code special order paint car - totally loaded.  It's VERY mousy and the engine is apart.  Even has tilt column - pretty sure that is the first one I've ever seen in a 72, very rare.
Rocket Restorations
Olympia, Washington

Cuda Cody

@rocketresto  can myself and @wanderlustin  stop by next week and do a little tour / sneak peak for the E-Bodies group?  We'll help out with anything else you might need too. 

Does the 6th, 7th or 8th of June work okay?

rocketresto

8th might work, I'll get back to you next week.
Rocket Restorations
Olympia, Washington

rocketresto

Date stamp on the Hemi.
Rocket Restorations
Olympia, Washington

Timbbuc2

Just for conversation, Just who was Ben Snobar? @Cuda Cody . I know he owned Shaker.com and I spoke with him one time on the phone. But it would be interesting to know more about a man that has all these cars. Just asking, heard his name mentioned many times.
Get in, I'll drive

Cuda Cody

I've only met Ben Snobar a few times and he was always nice to me.  Since I didn't know him personally very well I can not tell you exactly who he was.  But to me he seemed like a collector at heart.  Didn't really matter what it was, he just liked collecting stuff.  Standards did not get in the way of what he enjoyed collecting.  He was unbiased when it came to collecting cars and parts.  If it was rare, cool, hard to find, maybe worth something.... he wanted it.  Condition did not stop him.  I think he measured success in volume.  I'm sure we all can relate a little with him and his passion.  I'm glad to see the cars and parts being put up for auction and maybe it will help others with their projects. 

RUNCHARGER

First time I met him was in the mid 80's. I bought a Challenger shaker setup off him. He made his living at that time and later buying and selling Mopar parts and cars. I wish I had bought a 69 Hemi Charger body off him way back then, also a really, really clean B3 70 Six Pack Superbee. I believe he taught either college or high school shop in prior years.
Sheldon

rocketresto

Ben was an interesting guy.  He had some rough edges and if you made him mad look out but if you were friends or "part of the family" he would do anything for you.  He loved collecting anything he either liked or thought he could make a few bucks off of.  He bought a 98 Civic race car a couple of months before he passed - it was a good deal and he thought he could sell it.  His main focus was Mopars but his collection is very eclectic.  He has a 2010 Camaro and a 1963 Corvette, then a bunch of Torino's, Cyclone's and Ranchero's, then all the Mopars (with matching horde of parts).  He started collecting in the 80's and that shows with what he has.  He was a serious used parts vendor but then moved to the repo parts and stopped going to swap meets because he could make more money at home working the phones then going to swaps.  So a lot of the used parts he has have been sitting here for decades, lots of very hard to find pieces that were common back in the 90's.  Was looking for some fasteners in the bumper pile and just found this OEM Challenger 1/4 panel.  Been here for about four months now and every time I come in I find something new.  Just found a set of NOS trim rings for 15x7 ralley's.
Rocket Restorations
Olympia, Washington

Topcat

Quote from: rocketresto on June 01, 2017, 04:34:01 PM
Ben was an interesting guy.  He had some rough edges and if you made him mad look out but if you were friends or "part of the family" he would do anything for you.  He loved collecting anything he either liked or thought he could make a few bucks off of.  He bought a 98 Civic race car a couple of months before he passed - it was a good deal and he thought he could sell it.  His main focus was Mopars but his collection is very eclectic.  He has a 2010 Camaro and a 1963 Corvette, then a bunch of Torino's, Cyclone's and Ranchero's, then all the Mopars (with matching horde of parts).  He started collecting in the 80's and that shows with what he has.  He was a serious used parts vendor but then moved to the repo parts and stopped going to swap meets because he could make more money at home working the phones then going to swaps.  So a lot of the used parts he has have been sitting here for decades, lots of very hard to find pieces that were common back in the 90's.  Was looking for some fasteners in the bumper pile and just found this OEM Challenger 1/4 panel.  Been here for about four months now and every time I come in I find something new.  Just found a set of NOS trim rings for 15x7 ralley's.

Since you're helping the family alot; will you get first dibbs on anything?
Rightfully so of course if that's the case.

And it that's so, what do you have your eyes on?