Main Menu

Ben Snobar Auction - Olympia, WA 8/1-2

Started by 303 Mopar, May 16, 2017, 02:01:12 PM

Previous topic Next topic

MoparJunkie

Wow, what a collection. Wish I had the cash for something like that, looks fun and I'm just on the other side of the state. Easy drive. It will be interesting to hear who picks up what!

Cuda Cody

Myself and @wanderlustin  are planning to go up there next Wednesday and if we do we'll be sure to post an exclusive E-Bodies.org report (and lots of photos).  Of course nothing is for sale yet, but we'll see if we can't give Tom a hand and maybe help a bit.  Stay tuned.  :bigthumb:

fc7cuda

Quote from: rocketresto on June 01, 2017, 04:34:01 PM
  Just found a set of NOS trim rings for 15x7 ralley's.

Is it the 3 I heard about, or all 4?

rocketresto

It's a set of four rings.

@Topcat I'll be bidding along with the rest of you.  I like the U-Code sunroof 72 Charger and the 340 FJ5 Duster but both are huge projects.  Would really like the 70 Hemi Charger but sure a lot of people would say that.

If anybody is going to the Seattle Mopar Show this weekend I will be bringing up the Hemi Charger and one of the Vipers.
Rocket Restorations
Olympia, Washington

anlauto

Oh gosh....Don't tell @bpsmopar there's a U code 72 Sunroof Charger....He'll start collecting those too... :looney:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

rocketresto

So found a 70 440-6 727 trans today at the Snobar's, vin is 0B187255, anybody know where the car is?  It was at the Seattle mopar show in 2006.  Full vin is JS29V0B187255, fc7 car.  Car is still out there and alive!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rocket Restorations
Olympia, Washington

rocketresto

Quote from: rocketresto on June 02, 2017, 08:56:25 PM
So found a 70 440-6 727 trans today at the Snobar's, vin is 0B187255, anybody know where the car is?  It was at the Seattle mopar show in 2006.  Full vin is JS29V0B187255, fc7 car.  Car is still out there and alive!

Rocket Restorations
Olympia, Washington

Cuda Cody

MoparJunkie

Quote from: rocketresto on June 02, 2017, 03:37:38 PM
It's a set of four rings.

@Topcat I'll be bidding along with the rest of you.  I like the U-Code sunroof 72 Charger and the 340 FJ5 Duster but both are huge projects.  Would really like the 70 Hemi Charger but sure a lot of people would say that.

If anybody is going to the Seattle Mopar Show this weekend I will be bringing up the Hemi Charger and one of the Vipers.

I'm envious of those who can bid, if it were a month or so after this I might join the fun and buy more cars than I have room for lol. The 340 Duster would be cool. I like that 69 Coronet 500, looks really clean and I've always liked the body style of the 69 as well as the change in the 70. Also I agree I'm sure everyone would want the 70 hemi charger! I'll be curious to see what the cars all go for as well. Again wish I could throw my hat into the ring, but I guess I'll wait for the next auction lol.

Also I should add I would love the 71 Satellite. My dad had a 71 Satellite Sebring Plus 383 4bbl auto on the floor. One of my favorite of his mopars he used to own. Oh and I'll take that 68 Dart GT as well, lmao. Does anyone want to buy a car for me and sell it to me later?  :haha:

Topcat

So my question is whose going to decipher all the loose parts and determine what's of high value?

All those loose parts will take years to estimate their actual value and what they are applicable to.

Certainly the auction company wouldn't know what a Hemi master cylinder is worth or a correct alternator. 

If they sell loose parts without an explanation what it applies to, the family will be leaving money on the table.

Sounds like a ton of hours will be needed in order to get max dollar for the event.

Cuda Cody

Time is money and with the large crowd of Mopar people that will be at the auction, I highly doubt a Hemi (anything) will get sold without many people knowing what it is and bidding it up.   :alan2cents:

Quote from: Topcat on June 03, 2017, 12:04:45 AM
So my question is whose going to decipher all the loose parts and determine what's of high value?

All those loose parts will take years to estimate their actual value and what they are applicable to.

Certainly the auction company wouldn't know what a Hemi master cylinder is worth or a correct alternator. 

If they sell loose parts without an explanation what it applies to, the family will be leaving money on the table.

Sounds like a ton of hours will be needed in order to get max dollar for the event.

RUNCHARGER

There might be a few bargains but I imagine most items will pretty much go for market value. Ironically I bet a few dealers will show up and try to buy large amounts of parts to resell.
Did Ben sell that 71 Hemi Road Runner body he had a few years ago does anyone know?
Sheldon

anlauto

I'm pretty certain all the buyers will be mopar educated and nothing will go "too cheap" :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

rocketresto

Rocket Restorations
Olympia, Washington

rocketresto

Don't know if he sold the hemi 71 Road runner or not but it's not there.

Rocket Restorations
Olympia, Washington