Main Menu

Ben Snobar Auction - Olympia, WA 8/1-2

Started by 303 Mopar, May 16, 2017, 02:01:12 PM

Previous topic Next topic

303 Mopar

Ben, owner of Shakerhood.com, passed away in November and many of his vehicles will be offered for sale at an auction.  I believe he had 3 shops that are 5000 sq ft full of about 100 classic Mopars, Mercury Cyclones, Ford Torinos, engines and many parts.  Some are beautiful cars in great shape, others are rough yard cars.

http://murphyauction.com/Auction/Details/4940

Cuda Cody

@rocketresto  took over the business and is a member here.  Tom is a good guy and I'm sure the auction will be a huge success for Ben's family.  I'm planning on going up and helping Tom with organizing or whatever he needs this June.  I'll see if it will be okay to sneak some photos of the cool things and share them with all the E-Bodies.org gang!   :bradsthumb:

rocketresto

Here is a link to the primary post I've been posting on:

https://forum.e-bodies.org/car-shows-events-and-races/21/ben-snobar-2-day-estate-auction/1214/

Yes the auction is going to be huge and it's going to be fun.  Here is the Hemi Charger.
Rocket Restorations
Olympia, Washington

anlauto

Is the Hemi Charger a factory sunroof car ? Don't let @bpsmopar  see that....
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

bpsmopar

rocketresto

@anauto It has a sunroof but we have not found the fender tag to verify it yet.
Rocket Restorations
Olympia, Washington

RUNCHARGER

I seen the car at Ben's in the mid 80's. It was sitting there with a normal roof and there was a sunroof clip sitting on top of the car. We can all draw our own conclusions.
Sheldon

anlauto

Quote from: RUNCHARGER on May 16, 2017, 05:27:59 PM
I seen the car at Ben's in the mid 80's. It was sitting there with a normal roof and there was a sunroof clip sitting on top of the car. We can all draw our own conclusions.

That would REALLY suck if it was a real Hemi car  :o
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

rocketresto

Regardless - it's a real Hemi 4 Speed Charger.
Rocket Restorations
Olympia, Washington

RUNCHARGER

Yes: I wouldn't kick it out of the garage.
Sheldon

Topcat

Hmmm that looks like a Talladega to the left?

Or is it a Cyclone?

6bblgt

SPOILER = Cyclone!!  :clapping:

I had one of those, '70 Cyclone SPOILER originally "competition blue" white interior/stripes 429SCJ 4-spd 4.30s & G70-14 tires

original engine was GONE, wonder why  :notsure:

303 Mopar

I would love to that Charger! Looks like a lot of great cars, parts and engines!  I looked and could not find your post but was not looking under car shows and events. Thanks for posting @rocketresto!

rocketresto

Auction will have two 429 4 speed Cyclone Spoilers.
Rocket Restorations
Olympia, Washington

1 Wild R/T

Back in the day SCJ's weren't common but you'd see them, there were at least 7-8 here in town.... These days the are virtually gone......  In comparison back in the day I knew of at least 100 & probably more like 150 440 Magnums/Commando's & easily 20 Sixpacks....