Main Menu

Ben Snobar Auction - Olympia, WA 8/1-2

Started by 303 Mopar, May 16, 2017, 02:01:12 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Timbbuc2

Yes most auction companies with make you pre-register and give you a number. That way they can keep up with what you have purchased, if not, Joe Dirt could say he bought it not you.  I was at a auction this past Saturday and I had to write a check for 5K just to register. Check the website or maybe @Cuda Cody will have some information on what is needed to pre-register.
Get in, I'll drive

Cuda Cody

@rocketresto  should know what we have to do to get registered? 

rocketresto

Keeping in mind none of this is official and subject to change but from what they have told me I believe this all to be correct.

Murphy does NOT charge anything to get a bidder pass, it is completely free.  They take credit cards or cash and will take a check with pre-approval (if you are planning on bidding on one of the high dollar cars you will need to contact them before to get pre-approved).  They just need a credit card to get a bidder pass.  Bidding is easy - once you get your bidder card just raise your bidder card to bid.  The current plan is to have a big tent and they will have a screen with a picture the lot going up for sale.  They use a system called "choice" - at least this is how they have done it in the past.  They will put like 6 items up on the screen at once - people bid to say $100 - you can take all 6 of the items on the screen for $100 each or just one.  Say you take one - bidding then starts again and say it goes to $75 - again you can take the other 5 items at $75 a piece or just one - and so on and so on.  After the auction you just go to the cashier, pay them (make sure you bring a resell certificate or proof you are out of state if you are reselling the items to save sales tax) and then you can take out your items that day.  They will have a lot of security on site to make sure only things go to people who bought them.  Buyers premium is 10% in person or 13% online.

They should have a catalog posted a week or two before the auction and I highly suggest you go to the preview.  Do your home work and make sure you know what is in each lot, bidding goes very fast and they don't mess around.  They have a lot of cars and parts to go through in two days!  All that make sense?
Rocket Restorations
Olympia, Washington

cuda hunter

sounds like an auction...

Thanks for letting us know what you know.
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

MoparJunkie

Awesome thanks for the info rocketresto! I'm waiting to see what my buddy says, if he wants to go or not and I'll talk to him and give him this info. I won't be bidding on any high dollar cars, I'll leave that to others with much deeper pockets than me. I live in WA state so the tax will be the same for me. I will look at the catalog as soon as it's up.

Is a buyers premium just a fee they tack on?

rocketresto

Correct just 10% in person (13% online).  So if you buy $100 worth of stuff it'll be $110 plus tax.
Rocket Restorations
Olympia, Washington

ec_co

Quote from: rocketresto on June 21, 2017, 08:07:32 PM
Correct just 10% in person (13% online).  So if you buy $100 worth of stuff it'll be $110 plus tax.

WA State has a 6.5% General Sales Tax rate + City/County http://www.salestaxstates.com/sales-tax-calculator-washington   have your out of state license ready, or have a friend ready ;)

Growing older is mandatory...growing up is optional.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

'70 Barracuda B5/B5 225 /6 3spd ... about as bare bones as they came

rocketresto

Rocket Restorations
Olympia, Washington

MoparJunkie

Great article, wow picture overload! Part of me wants that dodge stealth. I used to have one about 15 years ago same color, Fun cars (Although they are more Mitsubishi than dodge).

HP_Cuda

The hoarde keeps growing by the day.

Should be a big turnout now.
1970 Cuda Yellow 440 4 speed (Sold)
1970 Cuda clone 440 4 speed FJ5
1975 Dodge Power Wagon W200

rocketresto

Anyone want to guess how many engines are in this picture?  I'll post the answer later tonight.  Still have another 20 or so engines to add to the pile.
Rocket Restorations
Olympia, Washington

rocketresto

Couple more engine VIN's - will post a complete list once I get everything labeled and in one room.  Found 3 18 spline 4 speeds today too.  The 0E tranny is an 23 spline.
Rocket Restorations
Olympia, Washington

HP_Cuda

I'd say 45 plus the 20 more you will add for a total of 65.

:bigthumb:
1970 Cuda Yellow 440 4 speed (Sold)
1970 Cuda clone 440 4 speed FJ5
1975 Dodge Power Wagon W200

Cuda Cody

I'll go 51.  Plus the other 20 so maybe 71?   :notsure:

Quote from: rocketresto on June 23, 2017, 04:58:22 PM
Anyone want to guess how many engines are in this picture?  I'll post the answer later tonight.  Still have another 20 or so engines to add to the pile.

Cuda Cody

I have a feeling some of those engines will be sold cheap.   :alan2cents: