Main Menu

Ben Snobar Auction - Olympia, WA 8/1-2

Started by 303 Mopar, May 16, 2017, 02:01:12 PM

Previous topic Next topic

fc7cuda

Quote from: rocketresto on June 15, 2017, 08:15:43 PM
@cuda hunter So had a long conversation with the auction company and it has been decided that since we have gotten so far with organization and IDing parts that nothing will be sold before the auction.  So if we find your original block or transmission at this point it will have it's own lot and will have to be bid on.

is it because they're missing out on selling commissions?  Have things progressed far enough yet to elaborate on how the parts will be grouped for bidding?

Thanks
Tom

rocketresto

@fc7cuda It's a lot of reasons.  Commission is one but that is a minor one - sure the buyer would gladly pay that.  The major reason is that it does open a can of worms - if one thing gets sold how many other people are going to start asking about buying stuff before the auction?  Before you scoff at that I get calls everyday asking to buy stuff.  It's bad now and selling stuff off would only make it worse.  People who know where the house is have been randomly showing up asking to buy stuff.  We were forced to put up a gate in the driveway to keep people out.  Security is a major concern for a collection like this and we also had to put alarms on all the buildings.
Rocket Restorations
Olympia, Washington

fc7cuda

Quote from: rocketresto on June 16, 2017, 06:59:34 AM
@fc7cuda It's a lot of reasons.  Commission is one but that is a minor one - sure the buyer would gladly pay that.  The major reason is that it does open a can of worms - if one thing gets sold how many other people are going to start asking about buying stuff before the auction?  Before you scoff at that I get calls everyday asking to buy stuff.  It's bad now and selling stuff off would only make it worse.  People who know where the house is have been randomly showing up asking to buy stuff.  We were forced to put up a gate in the driveway to keep people out.  Security is a major concern for a collection like this and we also had to put alarms on all the buildings.

I understand, that makes total sense and a bummer about potential theft.  I had to deal with that last month(another story).  I sure am thankful that we crossed paths awhile back, and sounds like the timing was good too.  :yes: ;)

JP426

Quote from: bpsmopar on June 04, 2017, 08:21:48 AM
Ben had told me he had a 71 black 6 pack Road Runner. 4spd, black interior.
I don't see it in the auction listing, did it sell? This was a number of years ago.

I saw that 71 black 6 pack Road Runner back in the early 80's. He had it at the Spring Roundup held at Lake Sammamish State Park.
I had some parts for sale and he stopped by my house in Tacoma and picked them up. It was a cool car!

RUNCHARGER

That all makes sense. At some point they have to have everything locked down on what is going to auction I'm sure. I'm sure any guys bidding on their personal items will pay more than any other bidder would anyway.
Sheldon

cuda hunter

In the auction atmosphere, knowing that the other guy needs that block will 95% of the time cause others to bump the bids up.  Often times just so the person who needs that part spends several extra thousand on that part and won't be buying thousands more of other parts the up bidder might want. Typical.

So the auction company stands to make a substantial amount above common value on items that "belong" to a known car.  I would have been very surprised if the auction company was offing anything that belongs to any specific known car. 
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

cuda hunter

So I've been given the clear to come to this auction.  There are several other things I should be doing when this auction happens.  I can't make my mind up on coming until I see some of these extra pictures Cody has.  I'm chomping at the bit for those pics.   
Another thing that will determine whether I go to an auction is the expected draw.    Do any of you have any idea of the expected amount of auctionee's? 
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

ec_co

sucks to hear there are folks that would bid them up like that, they belong to those cars. anyone right in the head (just my dumbass opinion) should not bid on those and let the folks that are supposed to have them get em for a $1
Growing older is mandatory...growing up is optional.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

'70 Barracuda B5/B5 225 /6 3spd ... about as bare bones as they came

rocketresto

I personally think it will be the opposite and people will back off, especially for a 727 trans.  It's not like we are talking about a Hemi motor here.
Rocket Restorations
Olympia, Washington

cuda hunter

Quote from: rocketresto on June 16, 2017, 09:19:04 PM
I personally think it will be the opposite and people will back off, especially for a 727 trans.  It's not like we are talking about a Hemi motor here.

That would be great if it works out like that. 

Topcat

Some of the hardest Hemi parts to find are the original starters and the heat shields.

Oh,...and original power steering HP hose.

Seen any of them yet?

Cuda Cody

We didn't have time to look in a lot of boxes or bins.   :sorry:

Quote from: Topcat on June 17, 2017, 09:41:20 PM
Some of the hardest Hemi parts to find are the original starters and the heat shields.

Oh,...and original power steering HP hose.

Seen any of them yet?

HP_Cuda

This looks like there will be fierce bidding and very doubtful many items will go cheap.

*Joe Dirt won't have a chance*
1970 Cuda Yellow 440 4 speed (Sold)
1970 Cuda clone 440 4 speed FJ5
1975 Dodge Power Wagon W200

anlauto

Quote from: HP_Cuda on June 18, 2017, 02:24:24 PM
This looks like there will be fierce bidding and very doubtful many items will go cheap.

*Joe Dirt won't have a chance*

I agree 1000% :iagree:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

MoparJunkie

So can someone give me the beginners guide to going to an auction lol. I've never been to an auction before and there is a possibility I might be going to this one with a buddy.

So here are my questions:
Would we need to sign up beforehand that we are attending or can we just show up and do it then?
Is there a fee to sign up?
If I did win a bid, do they want a check then and there or how exactly does payment work and or shipping work?
Sounds like there are fees associated with auctions?

Any other extra information would be helpful. I told my buddy about this and we are both checking our schedules to see if we can make it! It would also be nice to say hi to some members that are attending as well.