Main Menu

Sunroof R/T on ebay

Started by EV2RTSE, August 28, 2018, 08:10:23 AM

Previous topic Next topic

EV2RTSE

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1970-Dodge-Challenger-R-T/202417430546?hash=item2f2104e012:g:I7sAAOSwyH5bhIm2&vxp=mtr

Purple, sunroof, tag and sheet say white vinyl top, hood blackout, white interior, 383 car and coded for 15" rallyes!  :twothumbsup:

superdave

:twothumbsup: Needs a lot of work, sure hope someone saves it. I suppose that is a white stripe, I thought for a minute it was a chartreuse stripe that would be really cool! 8)  :banana:

Cuda Cody

Very cool car!!!!  Does that engine Vin stamp look odd to anyone?  I'm on my phone and can't see it very well but it kinda looks off?

6bblgt

great looking car when new - lots of "EYEBALL"  :wowzers:

:iagree: engine is not an original factory VIN stamping   :thumbdown: & it's missing registration & a VIN tag  :pullinghair:

anlauto

Gees....I hope @bpsmopar sees this ad....He doesn't have a purple one with white interior  :))

According to the fender tag it should be purple with white interior and a WHITE top too.....not black like the ad says...

I like it...there's NO a/c and NO pw.... :rofl: (inside joke)
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

6bblgt

Quote from: anlauto on August 28, 2018, 09:47:19 AM
I like it...there's NO a/c and NO pw.... :rofl: (inside joke)

& NO power brakes or power steering  :stayinlane:

anlauto

NO stripe either, only the black-out on the hood...and BEST OF ALL....15" Rally rims.....NO 14" Magnums :banana: :banana: :banana:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

sdweatherman

Quote from: 6bblgt on August 28, 2018, 09:39:48 AM
  engine is not an original factory VIN stamping   :thumbdown:
That's pretty bad. You can see the original VIN stamp underneath that wasn't completely wiped out.

cudamadd

Hope some one can save this one . Nice car when done

ratroaster

Or the gang stamp failed from the factory and it was manually stamped on the line.   It would be interesting to see the engine assembly dates and the transmission stamping.

anlauto

@sdweatherman  is this a new one to you? or is it in your registry ? I hope Peter saves this one too !

sdweatherman

Quote from: anlauto on August 28, 2018, 01:17:15 PM
@sdweatherman  is this a new one to you? or is it in your registry ? I hope Peter saves this one too !
This is a new car for the registry - and Peter has been notified... :twothumbsup:

bpsmopar

Credits: 16440
Life is like a box of chocolates....

Re: Sunroof R/T on ebay
« Reply #4 on: Today at 09:47:19 AM »

Gees....I hope @bpsmopar sees this ad....He doesn't have a purple one with white interior 

According to the fender tag it should be purple with white interior and a WHITE top too.....not black like the ad says...

I like it...there's NO a/c and NO pw....  (inside joke)  I GET IT!!

Now who would put AC in a sunroof car??  :notsure: 

Dan, are you certain on the stamping?  :fingerscrossed:.....

EV2RTSE

Weird... top stamp looks fugazy but it almost looks like you can see a 1, 6, and 2 in the lower stamping

sdweatherman

Quote from: EV2RTSE on August 28, 2018, 01:37:14 PM
Weird... it almost looks like you can see a 1, 6, and 2 in the lower stamping
It looks good to a point....looks like there could be something that looks like a 0 and a B before the 16...but then the next remnant of a number looks like a 7......