Main Menu

what color silver paint rattle can

Started by kevin landrith, January 23, 2022, 10:08:55 PM

Previous topic Next topic

kevin landrith

Doing some touching up on my taillight bezel wondering what kind of rattle can silver paint be used thanks all

purple1

I'm guessing you are looking for something like this.

https://8774paint1.com/products/grille-silver

If you are looking for something cheap, try this.

Krylon graphite textured shimmer #2521

Dave

Worlds first e-body trailer. Severna Park, Maryland

anlauto

What type of car ? Do you mean the housing in the trunk ? I can't think of a "tail light bezel" that has silver paint on it ? :thinking:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

kevin landrith

I'm sorry I put the car in the tag section 71 Challenger RT pict attached

kevin landrith

autoxcuda

No texture

Dull Aluminum Kylon 1403

Same paint for rallye wheels

Low mile survivor 1971 Challenger R/T

Spring Fling April 2024 Woodley Park, Van Nuys CA, 600+ Mopars, 175+ all Mopar swap, Malibu Cruise, Mopar Cruise-In: www.cpwclub.com Date comming...

anlauto

Yup, Autox nailed it....dull aluminum :twothumbsup: some reason I thought you were talking about a Cuda :headbang:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

YYZ

Would it not be light argent?  Same as for the rallye wheels etc? (not the textured paint for center caps, shaker bubble etc.)

purple1

We should ask, what car? And what part of the taillight bezel?

Paint comparison I did years ago.

A-B-C-D shown against an original 71 grille.

71 Challenger tail panels are 2 colors. Black and silver for R/T. Dark argent and silver non R/T cars.

This is why I said the Krylon #2521. It is a very good match for the dark argent grille and tail panels on 71 NON R/T cars.

The Krylon Chrome Aluminum is a good match for the silver parts.

Dave

Worlds first e-body trailer. Severna Park, Maryland

kevin landrith

I posted a picture of my car,  the cream colored RT in thi8s post the silver around the tail lights is the area I am talking about

autoxcuda

Quote from: kevin landrith on January 24, 2022, 03:36:05 PM
I posted a picture of my car,  the cream colored RT in thi8s post the silver around the tail lights is the area I am talking about

R/T and rubber bumper cars get the blackout
Spring Fling April 2024 Woodley Park, Van Nuys CA, 600+ Mopars, 175+ all Mopar swap, Malibu Cruise, Mopar Cruise-In: www.cpwclub.com Date comming...

kevin landrith

so autoxcuda the dull aluminum is the color to use as you suggested in your prior post

anlauto

The car is not an R/T for obvious reasons, but someone has done a wonderful job of creating one.....so YES the silver sections of the blacked-out tail panel that you're looking to touch up would be a dull aluminum  :bigthumb: Great looking car :drooling:

kevin landrith

Thanks and yes of course its a tribute and as you said well done... Thanks for your insight and help I ordered the paint from Zoro already

autoxcuda

Quote from: kevin landrith on January 24, 2022, 05:18:59 PM
so autoxcuda the dull aluminum is the color to use as you suggested in your prior post

Yes. That particular number 1403 Kylon.

Also, compared it side to side to original paint So Cal under 100k mile 1971 rallye rim. And to 1971 Demon grille...

But to clarify, the gold car I showed is a low mile original paint car. Not repainted silver.