Main Menu

1970 Challenger A01 Light Option

Started by kent_goins, February 14, 2017, 10:02:22 AM

Previous topic Next topic

kent_goins

My dash with that crazy yellow wire and light coming from the time delay relay location which is buried under the loom but you can see where it plugs into the strange connector. it is the single long yellow wire with light.

KG

Roadman

Quote from: kent_goins on February 14, 2017, 04:46:31 PM
My dash with that crazy yellow wire and light coming from the time delay relay location which is buried under the loom but you can see where it plugs into the strange connector. it is the single long yellow wire with light.

KG
Goes on the left of the dash light bar, shines on the switches, wipers, headlights, dimmer, etc.   :alan2cents:

challenger6pak

I don't know which wire you mean. If you can circle it, I'll run by my shop and see if I can figure it out.

Cuda Cody

That was my first suggestion too.  But he didn't think that was it.

@kent_goins  can you take a photo of the bulb end?  That will help us help you.   :bigthumb:

Quote from: roadman on February 14, 2017, 04:51:16 PM
Quote from: kent_goins on February 14, 2017, 04:46:31 PM

KG
Goes on the left of the dash light bar, shines on the switches, wipers, headlights, dimmer, etc.   :alan2cents:

kent_goins

it is the long yellow wire laying on the table with the little bulb in the end and it is not the light that shines on the switches from above. I already have that installed and know where it hooks in

challenger6pak

Went to the shop and found a raccoon in there.  I'll have to wait until morning when I can do some pest control.

kent_goins

don't let the raccoon eat any wires...if he does, I may have an extra long yellow one you can have:)

challenger6pak

The socket looks like the reverse warning light socket. Maybe it is for the deluxe seat belt warning light as was previously mentioned.

Cuda Cody

If we can see how it attaches it might be easier to figure out where it goes.  Take a photo of both ends of it and I might be able to line it up with one of the wires on a car.

This is an original A01 light package dash from a 1970 Challenger that was parted out.

kent_goins

excellent photos....in the photo of the odd connector (* IMG_20170214_172454035.jpg) where do the two yellow wires go?. They are both lights and I think one is the ignition key light. Are you saying the other in this case is the overhead console door ajar light?

Cuda Cody

Here's where they go....  But I'st a new photo is a second.  I think we've had the answer right in front of us the whole time.

Cuda Cody

Spoke with Kent on the phone and looks like it's the Seat Belt light for the dash.  He's working with a later year harness so that's why it's not the one that goes up to the overhead Console.

He has the Seat Belt light on the dash frame by the Reverse light.  Does anyone know what year that started?

anlauto

Quote from: Cuda Cody on February 14, 2017, 07:13:19 PM

He has the Seat Belt light on the dash frame by the Reverse light.  Does anyone know what year that started?

1970, Part of the C15 package  :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

A.Gramz

@Cuda Cody in pic o43.jpg the connector your holding where do the two yellow wires go  the third one goes to the time delay by the looks of it

Cuda Cody

Sweet!  I didn't know they put that there in 1970.  That must be what @kent_goins  wire goes to.