Main Menu

2 Speed Wiper Motor Configuration

Started by Shane Kelley, July 05, 2017, 07:30:35 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Shane Kelley

Working on my 71 RR and it has 2 speed wipers. Everything in the cowl was loose and laying in the bottom. This is the only 2 speed set up i have ever messed with. Every other car I have owned or built had 3 speed. Service manual is really vague the centric part of the linkage. I have tried a couple different ways. One way the wipers would stop all the way up but didn't seem right. They would do a couple strokes and every so often go all the way down in park position and then continue normal operation. Sometimes they won't shut off at all. Then I flipped the arm on the motor but then it made knocking noise and everything came loose. Any pics on how this thing should look assembled or nice diagram?

Ns1aar

These thing are sensitive to bad grounds. Make sure the motor and switch are both grounded. Also check for the correct motor they are not all the same. Refer to this link also provided in the previous post
https://www.e-bodies.org/resources/master-technician-service-conference-reference-books/70-11-windshield-wipers/
The motor you need is 69-71 C-body, 70-71 E-body and 71 B-body only. Contact me if you have other questions
somerbr1@aol.com

Bruce

HP_Cuda

:iagree:

Additionally testing of the motor outside the car is ideal as you can catch problems before you put it all together.
1970 Cuda Yellow 440 4 speed (Sold)
1970 Cuda clone 440 4 speed FJ5
1975 Dodge Power Wagon W200