Main Menu

73 challenger turn signals/radio stop working

Started by lcb73, March 22, 2023, 12:54:28 PM

Previous topic Next topic

lcb73

Periodically, my 73 Challenger turn signals will stop working. When this occurs, the radio will cut out until the turn lever is moved to the off position. This also happens when the car is put in reverse. Have replaced the neutral safety switch and harness.

Jsand73440

How ironic is that, mine was doing the same thing before i stripped it down for a paint job. I will tackle that issue as i start putting things back together. I will have to watch this thread and see what you come up with. I thought it might be a bad ground, but i also thought it may be the turn signal switch. I have a new one to put in as i reassemble.

Bullitt-

I wonder if your Hazard Flashier is engaged??
Way back in the day someone told me to turn on the Hazard Flasher, turn signal, wipers & radio at the same time.... I don't know why but the result was the radio turned off & on as well as the wipers in unison with the blink of the turn signal.
.                                               [glow=black,42,300]Doin It Southern Syle[/glow]       

chargerdon

The radio and turn signals share the same circuit and fuse.   My 74 challenger developed a problem that it blows the fuse fairly often.   It will blow at any time whether i use the turn signals or not and weather the radio is on or not.   Really pisses me off...   Im using 20 amp fuses which is double what is called for.  So it has to be some kind of short...somewhere. 

If anyone has any ideas on what causes this let me know.