Main Menu

All Dash lights stopped working

Started by 72 Challenger, July 12, 2018, 07:29:49 AM

Previous topic Next topic

72 Challenger

My car is charging and the gauges do work. I did recently tighten the alternator so I will make sure the wires didn't come lose. I also need to check under the dash to ensure nothing came loose at the dimmer. The car only have ~1000 miles on it since it was restored.

Can't find much information on how to remove that dimmer though.

@Burdar I will take a look at this. I can't seem to find a good option online for a replacement one. Most of the aftermarket calls the highbeam switch a dimmer.
Someday I will have a J0b.

Burdar

The high beam switch is on the floor.  The "panel dimmer" is on the dash.  Like I said, the panel dimmer is reproduced but it isn't a quality product.  I wouldn't go that route.

Don't know if this helps much but here is a picture of the back of my dash.

72 Challenger

@Burdar

Well that looks like a nightmare to change. Can I just take out the little side panel with the panel dimmer, washers and light switch?

Also what else is on the fuse with the interior lights? I checked all the fuses while I was there and they are all okay.

Anyone have a diagram of the fuses?

tdwnilla1

Yes, the trim panel that the dimmer is mounted in with your wiper switch comes out. you will have to remove the instrument panel illumination first (metal panel)

72 Challenger

Quote from: tdwnilla1 on July 17, 2018, 03:58:44 PM
Yes, the trim panel that the dimmer is mounted in with your wiper switch comes out. you will have to remove the instrument panel illumination first (metal panel)

@tdwnilla1 is that what we commonly call the light bar?

tdwnilla1

I would presume, sorry I don't have the technical term for it. I just know it is above the instrument cluster and I had to remove it so I could remove the panel housing my dimmer in my Cuda.

JS29

Quote from: 72 Challenger on July 17, 2018, 04:05:29 PM
Quote from: tdwnilla1 on July 17, 2018, 03:58:44 PM

@tdwnilla1 is that what we commonly call the light bar?
Yes!

Burdar

You probably need to remove the left hand lower dash trim as well.