Main Menu

Cuda 3 speed wiper arms wont park correctly

Started by Meyer, November 14, 2020, 04:12:41 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Meyer

Can the reverse motion be adjusted so the wiperarms dont stop at the top of stainless! Nothing are binding i can easy pull the wiper the rest area on the stainless without force

All wiper parts are correct to the motor all grounds ok plus extras added to the switch panel! And the motor does reverse just not anough!

Meyer

And the stainless has no more than aprox 2 mm air over the windshield, so no huge gap

Cuda Cody

Cuda Cody

The manual has some info too.  make sure the motor is correct for an E-Body (077) or has been re-clocked.

anlauto

Are they trying to park when they stop at the stainless ? By that I mean if you switch them to park, they stop at the stainless, if you just pick them up a bit, to they jump down into the parked position, or are they not trying to park at all ?
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Meyer

Quote from: anlauto on November 14, 2020, 06:53:47 AM
Are they trying to park when they stop at the stainless ? By that I mean if you switch them to park, they stop at the stainless, if you just pick them up a bit, to they jump down into the parked position, or are they not trying to park at all ?

Could be that , if thats the case its sensivetive to the stainless edge

anlauto

Quote from: Meyer on November 14, 2020, 08:38:04 AM
Quote from: anlauto on November 14, 2020, 06:53:47 AM

Could be that , if thats the case its sensivetive to the stainless edge

They can be....try it, see what happens...make sure the key is on or the car still running
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

moreparts

I've had this happen to me years ago too.  I don't recall if it was in the clocking as in the above diagram that was the fix or a broken piece of plastic on the gear that leads the wipers to the park position.

Meyer

The motor do reverse but not anough wiperarms seems loosely but there are no play in the bushings etc!

The motor Is a ebody motor , can the reverse motion be adjusted for
More motion?

TGGodfrey

@Meyer   The reverse can be adjusted somewhat but honestly it would be easier for you to post a good picture of the switch plate on your motor for us. That will allow us to give you the best answer.

If you are not careful you can damaged the lands on the internal gear and that is a very pricey mistake.

Terry

Meyer

Cuda Cody

What year is your car?  Has the wiper motor been rebuilt?

Jay Bee

Looks like an important portion of your switch plate picture is cut off, it's clocked positioning tip. My picture is of a '70 - '71 wiper motor but I believe all years should be clocked the same way. The first picture in Cody's Reply#3 shows it as "Barracuda and Satellite".

mopar jack

that looks like the wiper motor from a later model aspen. I pulled one like it from a pic and pull yard and installed on my 71 barracuda to replace the 2 speed as I had installed a shaker. I had to rotate the switch plate about 30 degrees to make it park and it works great.

Meyer