Main Menu

How to route wire from alternator to starter relay ?

Started by Racer57, February 01, 2018, 11:29:13 AM

Previous topic Next topic

1 Wild R/T

Most folks disconnect the original alternator lead... If you leave it in place than yes that would cause the alternator to still charge...

Racer57

Could not find 8 gauge at NAPA. etc. Went to local battery shop that I frequent and told them what I was working on and looking for. He asked how how many feet I needed then went to back room. Came back with 8ft of 8 gauge and 6" of wire for the fuse link !!   Asked him how much and he said to buy him a beer sometime. Went home, cut wire to length with 3" of fuse wire on both ends (better safe than sorry :D )  soldered everything together and installed it. Volt meter had been pegged and now its dead center.  I wish everything worked out this like this.   :D

Rumple

Quote from: Racer57 on February 05, 2018, 07:17:02 PM
Could not find 8 gauge at NAPA. etc. Went to local battery shop that I frequent and told them what I was working on and looking for. He asked how how many feet I needed then went to back room. Came back with 8ft of 8 gauge and 6" of wire for the fuse link !!   Asked him how much and he said to buy him a beer sometime. Went home, cut wire to length with 3" of fuse wire on both ends (better safe than sorry :D )  soldered everything together and installed it. Volt meter had been pegged and now its dead center.  I wish everything worked out this like this.   :D

What terminal connectors did you use? Can you post pics?

Racer57

Wiring is too tucked away for pic. The connectors are no different than the ones already in use on the alternator and relay. Just generic from Ace etc.

Added the red wire a while back and added the fusible link yesterday.
Normal ring terminals is what I used.