Main Menu

Question about a component on the firewall

Started by Matt13, March 27, 2020, 05:43:32 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Matt13

In my 73 Barracuda, the ECU is sort of in the center of the wall. What is the larger box type unit mounted to the left of it, below the ballast?

71vert340

From left, ECU, then ballast resistor in center, and then voltage regulator on right.
Terry

Matt13

anlauto

Yup, that's your ignition system....it's improperly mounted though.. :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Matt13

Quote from: anlauto on March 27, 2020, 06:14:15 PM
Yup, that's your ignition system....it's improperly mounted though.. :alan2cents:
I'm finding a lot of stuff was done improperly on this car. Hell, the thermostat was in backwards!

Chryco Psycho

Thats bad to put the thrmo in backwards !!

screamindriver

I wonder what's the reason for the Pa. special plate ???

anlauto

We had talked about that already....not really sure why because the plate includes the factory BH23 VIN number on it as well as what appears as a State issued number of some sort  :huh:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

Rich G.

I'm still working on this but it should look like this.

RUNCHARGER

Sheldon

anlauto

Quote from: Rich G. on March 29, 2020, 05:48:32 AM
I'm still working on this but it should look like this.

I like how nice clean details can make any body colour look nice  :D

Scooter

Must be something in the water here in CA. Day I bought my Challenger, drove it home and it ran warm entire way. Got home and pulled the upper radiator hose to find this looking at me..

It's a 160 so it should run cooler than a 180 right?

:dunno:

anlauto

Is that looking down inside the thermostat housing while it's still bolted to the intake ?

If so it looks like your thermostat is in upside down  :rubeyes:

Scooter

Quote from: anlauto on April 15, 2020, 09:32:16 AM
Is that looking down inside the thermostat housing while it's still bolted to the intake ?

If so it looks like your thermostat is in upside down  :rubeyes:

Yup.. I said it in snark as Matt13 noted the thermo in his car was in upside down by the previous owner of his car as well.

Only 2 ways to install one.. 50/50 chance of getting it right even if you have no idea what you are doing.

I call this style "butter side down..."  ;)

JS29

@Scooter  Some people have a real grasp for the obvious!   :haha: