Main Menu

Radio

Started by Trouble, June 28, 2019, 09:02:01 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Trouble

I assume one of these wires is a ground. Can someone tell me where I plug in the other wire?

anlauto

Coming from the back of the radio ? Those look like the speaker wires...both attach to the speaker.  :dunno:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Burdar

Definitely radio/speaker related.  Where does the other end lead?

Trouble

Both wires come from the back of the radio.

anlauto

We don't know a lot of your details here, but if this is what the back of your radio looks like, then the green/black wires both go to the speaker, and the red (power) and orange(light) plug into the main harness. The radio gets it's ground from a large mounting support strap.
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

73_Cuda_4_Me

It looks like a green wire with yellow tracer, and a multi-color (black, blue, yellow?)... looks more like seat belt warning wires?

Speaker would be a solid dark green wire and a black wire...

Any info on year and body type of car to help narrow down schematic to refer to?
73 340 `Cuda 727 Auto on Column

BS23H3B

anlauto

Quote from: 73_Cuda_4_Me on June 28, 2019, 12:07:33 PM
It looks like a green wire with yellow tracer, and a multi-color (black, blue, yellow?)... looks more like seat belt warning wires?

Speaker would be a solid dark green wire and a black wire...

Any info on year and body type of car to help narrow down schematic to refer to?

I thought that was just the "tear line" where the two wires where once joined and now are not ? :dunno:

73_Cuda_4_Me

That is a possibility, Alan!
73 340 `Cuda 727 Auto on Column

BS23H3B