Main Menu

Voltage regulator.

Started by 6pack, July 29, 2019, 04:50:54 PM

Previous topic Next topic

6pack

My 1970 Cuda regulator seems to have went on the blink Saturday night on the way home.  I made it home; a 35 mile journey.  My lights would get real bright for about 5-10 seconds then go back to normal all the way home.  I got a new Advance regulator for now but did not install it yet.  My question is this was a pretty new black reproduction one that all the repop shops sell with the pentstar on it with the Chrysler electronic regulator white lettering on them.  Installed by the restoration shop prior to my ownership. Are they all junk? Which one should I be replacing it with for the proper appearance and durability and from where?  Thanks.

dodj

The first thing I would do is make sure the ground is good. If the case of the VR is not solidly grounded, it will not function correctly.
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

Chryco Psycho

I had to replace the Chrome chinese ones yearly in my 3/4 ton ram
they were better when they were US made & being installed on the assy line by the 1000s

6pack

Ground was good.  The regulator from Advance corrected the problem.  It is a common gray type.  What would be a good replacement with the correct symbol and lettering that is good quality?

This  is the one I've installed.
Think I bought from Roseville.

6pack

I will try that one.  Thanks