Main Menu

What is this 3-wire connector coming from column?

Started by njsteve, November 21, 2020, 01:17:34 PM

Previous topic Next topic

njsteve

I've been working on installing the freshly assembled steering column in my 70 Cuda 340 4-speed, today. It went pretty easy. Only problem is this purple/green/tan connector from the column. I can't seem to find what it connects to? There doesn't seem to be anything under the dash for it to mate up with. I cant find it on any wiring diagram either.   Any suggestions?

moreparts

Does your horn work?  I think that may be the horn.

njsteve

Still in the assembly phase of the project. They are part of the turn signal assembly/hazard switch. Do they connect to some optional light package I dont have on this car?

moreparts

Steve, I just had a look at my '70 Challenger.  Not many options on that car.  I would think the wiring would be pretty close.  In any case, I do not have that connector at all coming down my column.  Hopefully someone with a wiring diagram or a 'Cuda will chime in, but my guess now would be that harness may not be right for your car or like you think for an option you don't have.

Just saw this thread pop up....

https://forum.e-bodies.org/electrical-and-audio/11/help-identify-three-pin-connector-on-column-harness/18383/

VCODE

anlauto

All aftermarket switches include those three wires so the switch will fit different models. If yours is original Chrysler part, then it's simply the wrong one for an E Body....nothing wire cutters can't fix :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

njsteve

It was a Chrysler part but just not the original 1970 turn signal assembly so it looks like they must have used a different Chrysler part back in the day to fix it.. I'll just jamb it back up under the dash and forget about it.

Thanks for solving the mystery!. One less thing to worry about hooking up.

Caparco

I think that's just an option most don't have like the cruise control, that went to the TSS. :alan2cents:
It's Amazing what we can accomplish~

With just a little bit of hard work.

And a whole LOT of complaining!!... lol