Main Menu

year one wire harnesses

Started by nsmall, June 17, 2017, 04:14:36 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Burdar

I'm just going by the description.  They only list one for 73.

A 74 engine harness is going to have connections for the seat belt interlock system.  You don't want all that crap.

nsmall

Quote from: Burdar on June 19, 2017, 11:26:37 AM

A 74 engine harness is going to have connections for the seat belt interlock system.  You don't want all that crap.
:rofl:

Rev-It-Up

Yep! We had to bypass the interlock system in the Duster. No wonder it was a one year only "feature".
Rev-It-Up

Shane Kelley

Quote from: Rev-It-Up on June 19, 2017, 02:38:53 PM

Yep! We had to bypass the interlock system in the Duster. No wonder it was a one year only "feature".
I remember when I was a kid and a family member bought a new car that had it. If you tried to start the car without buckling your seatbelt it tripped that little box under the hood. So you would have to get out and go under the hood and reset it every time. Can you imagine dealing with that all the time? (rain, snow) Nobody wore seat belts back then so no one was in the habit of buckling up.