Main Menu

1970 Challenger Hellcrate install?

Started by Paul A, December 01, 2018, 05:19:54 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Paul A

I have completed two restorations now on a 68 Fastback and a 71 Mach 1 Mustang and have come to the dark side and just bought my first Mopar project. It's a 1970 Challenger. I'm seriously considering going for it and installing the Hellcrate and Tremec in this car. Is there anyone who can give me some insight or advice concerning engine fitment/ modifications or any other considerations I should be aware of that will be needed, or any information for that matter? Thanks!

Chryco Psycho

Welcome @Paul A  :wave:
#)# mopar did a hemi swap & it is all detailed here
https://forum.e-bodies.org/modern-hemi-swaps/26/392-hemi-swap/67/
if you are going to install a Tremec I would look at the T56 Magnum or T5050 minimum which will require floor surgery .

Brads70

Welcome to the site!
:iagree: on the T56 not the 5 speed tremec

Cuda Cody

Swamp Donkey

Welcome to the site.   I'm just starting a 3rd gen hemi build now.  My build will kinda slow, and I will try to detail any of the stumbling blocks I hit along the way.  But it seems 303 mopar did a pretty thorough job. 
1973 Cuda. 340 4 speed.

dodgemania

GoodysGotaCuda

I have done a Hemi swap with a T56 Tremec, the floor requires a bit of work, the engine should be pretty straight forward in an e-body.
1972 Barracuda - 5.7L Hemi/T56 Magnum
2020 RAM 1500 - 5.7L

My Wheel and Tire Specs

JS29

:welcome: There is a lot of experience at this sight, Every one is willing to help!   :bigthumb: