Main Menu

1970 Hemi 426 Warranty Block still in original crate!

Started by Cuda Cody, January 06, 2019, 08:58:08 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Cuda Cody

This is a pretty rare find.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1970-Hemi-Engine-426-Short-block-Factory-original-w-tag-crate-w-pistons-rods/183622220505

I don't think there can be many of these still around.

anlauto

At $37K I don't think the seller has to worry about it going anywhere... :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

RUNCHARGER

Neat piece though. I think Gratiot used to sell those for $895.
Sheldon

7212Mopar

That is a very expensive piece of history. I think I understand this could be important for restoring a HEMI car to have a period correct block. Mindbloggoling that something like this is still around untouched, saving for a rainy day.

I read somewhere that the newer casting is stronger and will be a better and less expensive choice installing in a non original HEMI car.
1973 Challenger Rallye, 416 AT
2012 Challenger SRT8 6 speed Yellow Jacket

dodj

Quote from: anlauto on January 06, 2019, 09:24:47 AM
At $37K I don't think the seller has to worry about it going anywhere... :alan2cents:
This reminds me of another thread where Alan was saying you don't get much for $40K. Looks like you don't even get a running engine for that kind of money, let alone a car around it.  :o
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

Spikedog08

I could use that . . Think I will bid.  Think I can get it for $300 bucks?  I mean seriously . . It's all rusted and weathered . .

:dunno:
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

Crocha617

Rich G.

If you look at his other auctions he has another new hemi engine . 1965 date. Someone was smart enough to make a good investment back in the day but not with the price he's asking if he never sells them. But you never know.

CudaMoparRay

Seems like you can get a period correct totally running 426 Hemi engine for a little less than that.  :clueless:

fc7cuda

Quote from: CudaMoparRay on January 06, 2019, 02:03:53 PM
Seems like you can get a period correct totally running 426 Hemi engine for a little less than that.  :clueless:

:iagree

We've seen some advertised over the years too.

scf100

1970 Challenger R/T convertible Triple Black

Racer57

jimynick

Wonder how much to rebuild the rebuild, since you surely couldn't just put heads on that rusty old POS and run it! Is there truly someone out there dumb enough to pay that kind of money for that, in the worn/rusted condition it's in? The old phrase- "a fool and his money....." comes to mind.  :looney:
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

HP_Cuda

Pay 37k and hope there is nothing wrong with the block. Price is insane anyway.

And you say: "but it's the in crate", and I say "it's easy to take it in and out of a crate".

A fool and his money are soon parted.
1970 Cuda Yellow 440 4 speed (Sold)
1970 Cuda clone 440 4 speed FJ5
1975 Dodge Power Wagon W200

Dakota