Main Menu

426 HEMI Missing Just One Thing! - Can You Find It?

Started by 303 Mopar, November 18, 2017, 02:22:47 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Jim AAR

I just watched it again and that is there, look at the view from the top from 57 seconds to 1:01 mark.

Topcat

ScottSmith_Harms

anlauto

I was thinking that because I had to put one on my customers 69 Charger, but I wasn't sure if it was still around in 70-71
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Rich G.

303 Mopar

anlauto

Quote from: 303 Mopar on November 19, 2017, 07:36:18 AM
Do you have a pic with the CAP installed?

Here's the original 69 Charger I restored a few years back...
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

303 Mopar

Thanks.  I'll send a note to ask and if it is Scott gets a t-shirt!  :banana:

GY3R/T

:huh:  Is he trying to make this "70" hemi clone to work with his future Hemi Challenger ?? Or a functional "69" Hemi ? :notsure: Kinda confusing. :looney:  "70" Valve covers on a "69" block.
Possibly missing CAP (for 1968-69 hemi's) as Scott stated ?  He does mention single nipple vac port at rear is dedicated to power brakes. (no provision fo CAP). My Edgumacated guess is clean air (steel) supply tube from air cleaner to bottom of exaust.

fc7cuda

I skimmed the video and thought the motor was for a 70 car because of the valve covers?  Carb linkage appears to be for a 4 speed, and it has the gear reduction starter for 1970 year 4 speed car.  But, then I see the 69 carburetor studs?  So, he's asking what's missing and not what's wrong.(coil) 

Vacuum retard pod is missing if going in a 69 car as stated earlier.

I posted the black plastic plug wire separators are missing, but it's very minor detail.  :alan2cents:

benlavigne

I'll relay the responses to Nick when I see him this week!
He's building a 383 for my Challenger now...
His ultimate goal is to get a 70 Challenger to put the Hemi in, so it would not be a 100 point concours car. He found a T/A this Spring, created some buzz when he hinted he could put the Hemi in it, but it was not a real plan, just to get people talking!
He's a genuinely nice person, and he'll welcome any constructive comments...
And no, not the same Nick as on the site mentioned!

Ben

Topcat

Quote from: benlavigne on November 19, 2017, 05:39:33 PM
His ultimate goal is to get a 70 Challenger to put the Hemi in, so it would not be a 100 point concours car. He found a T/A this Spring, created some buzz when he hinted he could put the Hemi in it, but it was not a real plan, just to get people talking!

Ben

Better yet, show him this thread and recruit him here.  :yessir:

Certainly wouldn't hurt to mention he can become a vendor as well.

benlavigne

Quote from: Topcat on November 19, 2017, 06:15:53 PM
Quote from: benlavigne on November 19, 2017, 05:39:33 PM

Ben

Better yet, show him this thread and recruit him here.  :yessir:

Certainly wouldn't hurt to mention he can become a vendor as well.

Nick isn't much of a FB or forum guy, all of the YouTube stuff is done by a friend.
I can ask if he can donate some shirts! ;-)
This is Nick's old Challenger: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lrYZlDKJZV8

Ben