Main Menu

All kick down linkage identification

Started by Mr Cuda, April 24, 2024, 03:56:00 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Mr Cuda

@VCODE  had a wanted for some carb to kick down linkage.
I said, hey I'm wasting time already,  so let's get all of it out.
Does anyone have a link to a chart or information for the one piece linkage part numbers?
The common 3467260 that you find on ebay are called 318-340, but my recollection is they are not for both. Or putting a 4bbl on a 318 would have been easy all these years.
(Ebay misinformation)

Then there's the rest of the pile that needs I.D.ing.
So any tips where to find numbers or codes?
Some linkage only has a 2 digit code.

VCODE

Wow you have some pieces of linkages.
Thanks found fast
Bob

cuda hunter

"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

Skdmark

You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.
-Harlan Ellison

(O OI====II====IO O)    (O O{]{]{] ][ [}[}[}O O)
:stayinlane:

Mr Cuda

Thanks @Skdmark
My search came across that article,  but I didn't go far enough to see that picture.
 That will help with all the 3 piece linkage
 I hope someone who pours over the factory manuals might be able to post a 2 digit part code for the 70 up one piece. Or the whole number for the application .
A lot are marked.

cuda hunter

Too bad the picture doesn't show enough detail to read each linkage description.
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

Skdmark

Quote from: cuda hunter on April 24, 2024, 09:35:37 PMToo bad the picture doesn't show enough detail to read each linkage description.

If you go to the link I posted you can read the labels more clearly.
You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.
-Harlan Ellison

worthywads

Quote from: Mr Cuda on April 24, 2024, 03:56:00 PM@VCODE
The common 3467260 that you find on ebay are called 318-340, but my recollection is they are not for both. Or putting a 4bbl on a 318 would have been easy all these years.
(Ebay misinformation)

I have used the original 318 linkage on my 360 with Edelbrock Air Gap and Holley 4bbl, recently swapped to Holley Sniper EFI, with the same 318 linkage.  Just some massaging of the brackets, and shortening the slot on the linkage with JB Weld.  I even continue using the same throttle cable with a short extension link.

Skdmark

:iagree:

I reused parts of my 318 linkage when I installed an Edelbrock ld4b and a Sniper on my 71 Barracuda.
Only needed to increase the slot length and add an extension on the kick down linkage.
-Harlan Ellison

Mr Cuda

I found interesting markings on some big block one piece linkage.
Need to track down the full part number for application.