Main Menu

Cooling fluid

Started by soundcontrol, February 10, 2018, 01:40:59 PM

Previous topic Next topic

soundcontrol

Anyone tried this cooling fluid? Seems like a good thing, if it works like they say.

https://www.evanscoolant.com

71-440

Never heard of it before.  :notsure:

Interesting though.
Joe

Chryco Psycho

Yes I have used in in a couple of builds , expensive as you do not mix with water so you need 4 gallons but ti works great  :bigthumb:

303 Mopar

Are you just inquiring @soundcontrol or do you have overheating issues?  In my experience, an expensive coolant versus a regular coolant-water mix does not make a significant difference if you have serious overheating issues in the first place.

soundcontrol

No overheating issues, since my engine will be in the stand for at least another year... :D
Just one of my friends that pointed it out and I wanted to know if anyone has ever used it, I never heard of it before.
But in the past almost all my Mopars have been running hot on slow cruising, especially the bigblocks with some extra HP.

All water must be removed from the cooling system when switching to Evans.

cudabob496

water with a corrosion inhibitor and anti-freeze is best,

along with a functioning cooling system.
72 Cuda, owned for 27 years, 496, solid roller, 3500 stall, 3.91 gears, ported Stage VI heads, 3 inch X-pipe exhaust, 850 DP, ram air setup, fuel cell, batt in trunk,
Wilwood brakes, Weld wheels, MT ET Street tires, fiberglass hood, Alum radiator.

Daveh

Look up Evans Coolant and Jay Leno in You Tube.  He uses it for a lot of his cars.