Main Menu

Dana 60 identification

Started by cuda hunter, June 13, 2020, 10:13:47 PM

Previous topic Next topic

6bblgt

:iagree: without it being rebuilt ~$2K is the max. I'd consider  I think for less than $3K you could have all new

the springs have value if not all pitted - they are axle package/440/HEMI pieces (should be 3400024/3400024) & the bottom leaf has a part number / vendor code / date code

I sold these to the same guy that got the green plug  :takemymoney:

6bblgt

are the backing plates 10" or 11"?

cuda hunter

I didn't measure them but I believe they are 10".

The reason I think that is right next to this dana is a supposed 78 fury rear end that has 11" brakes and I can buy that rear for the brake parts to install on the dana. 

Here are the pics of that rear end.   Opinions?
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

cuda hunter

A better pic of the plastic unobtainium. 
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

Chryco Psycho

10 " drums were used on the rear with front disc , I am assuming you will run front disc ?

6bblgt

:iagree: for 1970 - part way thru 1971 they went with 11" rear drums on 4.10 DANA60 (which all had power disc brakes 1970-'71)

cuda hunter

Well, I'm going to try to mimic the original car as much as possible.  That's why I would change the 410 rear for a correct 354 dana if I find one.   There is not a code for front disc's on the fender tag so I don't think it had disk's. 

6bblgt

correct, manual drum brakes - 11" all 4 corners

cuda hunter

Does the dana appear to have 11" brakes?

What size do the brakes look like on that fury rear end?  They appear larger to me. 

Cuda Cody

The 10" are harder to find (if I recall) and bring more money.

cuda hunter

looks like I'm gonna be paying 1800 for this set up. 
Not bad since I only have to drive an hour into the mountains to get it. 

RUNCHARGER

The Fury brakes are 11 inch. I think $1800 is a good deal, the snubber is there, ratio tags etc. Usually you need to buy that stuff extra.
Sheldon

cuda hunter

Thanks for all the info and opinions about this unit.  I definitely needed them.