Main Menu

Dual Quad Manifold for 360 Mopar

Started by CudaMoparRay, April 23, 2017, 06:42:49 PM

Previous topic Next topic

CudaMoparRay

What is a good Dual Quad Manifold for 360 Mopar?
Presuming a 318 or 340 dual quad manifold should fit also?

HP2

Edelbrock tunnel ram. Carb size depending on how radical your combo is. Holley 390s if its kind of mild, up to 650s if its got more umph to it.

CudaMoparRay

Quote from: HP2 on April 23, 2017, 07:13:23 PM
Edelbrock tunnel ram. Carb size depending on how radical your combo is. Holley 390s if its kind of mild, up to 650s if its got more umph to it.

I should have been more specific: NON tunnel ram as I do not want to cut a hole in my hood.

anlauto

You're looking for this:
https://www.summitracing.com/int/parts/ofy-5615/overview/

I don't think you are going to have a lot of different choices when it comes to Mopar parts. :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

RUNCHARGER

Have you considered a Six Pak setup? I believe they look and perform better.
Sheldon

CudaMoparRay

Quote from: anlauto on April 24, 2017, 03:57:59 AM
You're looking for this:
https://www.summitracing.com/int/parts/ofy-5615/overview/

I don't think you are going to have a lot of different choices when it comes to Mopar parts. :alan2cents:

Thank you.
So 273, 318, 340, 360 same block so all the same exact intake manifold so also interchangeable exhaust manifolds as well correct?

CudaMoparRay

Quote from: RUNCHARGER on April 24, 2017, 07:31:59 AM
Have you considered a Six Pak setup? I believe they look and perform better.

I did consider but at least from my research (I may be wrong) the six packs are more work to keep tuned than a single or dual 4 barrel carb set up.
As for looks I agree the six packs are sexy but a dual four barrel set up like on the big Hemi's makes my blood boil a little more especially the Cross Ram style lol

RUNCHARGER

My feeling is with the Six Pack when it is pretty much set up correctly you can leave it alone, of course I feel the same about dual 4's too. The reason I prefer the Six Pack is because it is very easy to set up for streetability (well basically Chrysler figured it out for us). A dual 4 involves tweaking the jetting and progressive linkage for the carbs and hopefully no distribution issues with the manifold. Basically I feel you have to work at it, from sourcing the correct carbs to making linkage and fuel lines to working on the jetting etc. Way more work than bolting on the triples. The dual 4 will be uncommon though.
Sheldon

CudaMoparRay

At this point I have a little time to think about the final option as it looks like have blown head gasket.
Taking to the engine place next week  hopefully they will cover under warranty depending on their decision as to it over heating.
I figured either way would be a good opportunity to change the intake manifold at that time.
Thank you all for your great input to help me make a more informed decision.

Bullitt-

.                                               [glow=black,42,300]Doin It Southern Syle[/glow]       

CudaMoparRay

HP2

Quote from: CudaMoparRay on April 24, 2017, 12:02:15 PM
Thank you.
So 273, 318, 340, 360 same block so all the same exact intake manifold so also interchangeable exhaust manifolds as well correct?

All similar manifolds. There are port size differences among the various years and displacements, so not exact replacement, but close enough for all but the most serious output engines.

While low rise dual quads look impressive, I seem to recall some intake testing  some years ago where their performance was not significantly better than a good high rise single carb set up, but then you start getting into hood clearance issues again.

CudaMoparRay

While low rise dual quads look impressive, I seem to recall some intake testing  some years ago where their performance was not significantly better than a good high rise single carb set up, but then you start getting into hood clearance issues again.
[/quote]

Funny enough, speaking to your statement of "low rise dual quads look impressive" I have often weighed the looks vs performance debate in my own mind.
Would I rather have a small block modified Mopar that could beat a stock Hemi in performance for less money or the bragging rights and looks of the show stopping Hemi even if more expensive and slower??
If I was rich I would not care but we do with what we have or just keep dreaming lol

YellowThumper

Quote from: CudaMoparRay on April 25, 2017, 01:35:40 PM

Funny enough, speaking to your statement of "low rise dual quads look impressive" I have often weighed the looks vs performance debate in my own mind.
Would I rather have a small block modified Mopar that could beat a stock Hemi in performance for less money or the bragging rights and looks of the show stopping Hemi even if more expensive and slower??
If I was rich I would not care but we do with what we have or just keep dreaming lol
[/quote]
With any setup like that on a small block you are givin up low end torque. Something the Hemi will always have. There are some good stroker kits out there to increase the cubic inches and regain low end grunt. Fwiw the port sizes on a 318 are miniscule compared to the 340/360. IF manifold states it will work on a 318 I would expect lots of porting to increase them to match.
You have same similar theory as me in keeping the small block. Although beating a Hemi is not on my bucket list. It is all the other new cars out there with the drivers that think theirs is the best. Why have an old muscle car that is slower than the family sedan. Have you considered a power adder instead? 360 with twin turbos are in my future.
Life is to be viewed thru the windshield. Not rear view mirror.
You are the only one in charge of your destiny.

Mike.

Chryco Psycho

I would look for an STR 12 like this