Previous topic Next topic

CudaMoparRay

Quote from: Chryco Psycho on May 22, 2017, 04:36:09 PM
I would look for an STR 12 like this

Now that's the kind of show stopper I'm talking 'bout lol

CudaMoparRay

Quote from: YellowThumper on May 22, 2017, 03:45:19 PM
Quote from: CudaMoparRay on April 25, 2017, 01:35:40 PM
While low rise dual quads look impressive, I seem to recall some intake testing  some years ago where their performance was not significantly better than a good high rise single carb set up, but then you start getting into hood clearance issues again.

Funny enough, speaking to your statement of "low rise dual quads look impressive" I have often weighed the looks vs performance debate in my own mind.
Would I rather have a small block modified Mopar that could beat a stock Hemi in performance for less money or the bragging rights and looks of the show stopping Hemi even if more expensive and slower??
If I was rich I would not care but we do with what we have or just keep dreaming lol
With any setup like that on a small block you are givin up low end torque. Something the Hemi will always have. There are some good stroker kits out there to increase the cubic inches and regain low end grunt. Fwiw the port sizes on a 318 are miniscule compared to the 340/360. IF manifold states it will work on a 318 I would expect lots of porting to increase them to match.
You have same similar theory as me in keeping the small block. Although beating a Hemi is not on my bucket list. It is all the other new cars out there with the drivers that think theirs is the best. Why have an old muscle car that is slower than the family sedan. Have you considered a power adder instead? 360 with twin turbos are in my future.
[/quote]

Already have my twin turbo dream even as it is not a Mopar (3000GT VR-4) it did come indirectly from Mopar's partnership with Mitsubishi back in the day lol

Chryco Psycho

I like the STR design better the cross ram will allow better carb selection also s there is room for a pair of small Holleys or Proform type carbs which I far prefer .
or better yet twin EFI throttle bodies !