Main Menu

EFI Fitech

Started by chal340, May 20, 2017, 01:17:23 PM

Previous topic Next topic

chal340

I'm thinking to install the fitech EFI 4 600HP on my Challenger.

@1 Wild R/T, I saw that you had already this EFI system, are you happy with it? did you keep the stock kick down linkage and the stock throttle cable? easy to install and start?
Maybe someone else already installed this Fitech system, what's your feedback.
Thanks.

70 Dodge Challenger 340 A66.

YellowThumper

Will watch this one with the good and bad info. I plan on installing one on a Falcon in about a month.
Life is to be viewed thru the windshield. Not rear view mirror.
You are the only one in charge of your destiny.

Mike.

hawkfn18

1 Wild R/T

Very easy install... Stock kick down linkage & cable....Used a Holley throttle linkage adapter pt # 20-7, had to grind it for clearance but it works fine... I didn't use & wouldn't suggest using the fuel command center.... I used a Tanks Inc EFI fuel tank...

I use two new 3/8" pre-bent steel fuel lines one as supply & one as return... I should get the car up in the air & take some photos....

RUNCHARGER

I think it or the Holley are pretty good. I installed a Fitech last year with no issues once we got rid of the camshaft that was in it.
Sheldon

chal340

Thanks.
@1 Wild R/T, I see rubber hose before the Fitech body, you put this rubber hose after the steel line and did you install a fuel pressure regulator, filter?

1 Wild R/T

Regulator is built into the FiTech unit.. Filter is back by the fuel tank... I cut both ends off both lines & added fittings & hose to connect from the tank mounted pump to the fuel filter, from the fuel filter to the steel line going forward, from the steel line going forward to the FiTech unit, and so on....

I used compression fittings to attach to the steel lines, the compression fitting have a 45 degree flare on the other end... From that I used 45 flare to push lok, some are straight, I've got a couple 180's at the fuel filter, I've got a couple 90's at the FiTech, I've got a couple 45's ate the tank/pump.....I used right at 10" of high pressure fuel rated black push lok hose....

The fuel filter is mounted to the rear shock crossmember, in a steel bracket that it snaps into....

rhamson

Quote from: RUNCHARGER on May 20, 2017, 04:46:07 PM
I think it or the Holley are pretty good. I installed a Fitech last year with no issues once we got rid of the camshaft that was in it.

What were the issues with the camshaft?

chal340

I made a quote on the Summit web site to buy this Fitech Go EFI 600HP, fuel tank, fuel pump and sending unit from Tanks Inc, $230 for the shipping, if I add 2 right stuff fuel lines, $490. :o
Wow, I have to find another solution for this fuel lines. I don't like but maybe install PTFE hoses.

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: chal340 on May 22, 2017, 10:06:36 AM
I made a quote on the Summit web site to buy this Fitech Go EFI 600HP, fuel tank, fuel pump and sending unit from Tanks Inc, $230 for the shipping, if I add 2 right stuff fuel lines, $490. :o
Wow, I have to find another solution for this fuel lines. I don't like but maybe install PTFE hoses.

Shipping is more than the parts....    https://www.ebay.com/p/70-74-DODGE-CHALLENGER-3-8-TANK-TO-PUMP-FUEL-LINE/1730002721  Free shipping, but I'm betting not to France.....    Need to organize a group deal to fill a crate.....  1m x1.2m x 1.2m

YellowThumper

Buy 2 pre-bent 3/8 diameter steel lines and install them side by side in factory location.
Life is to be viewed thru the windshield. Not rear view mirror.
You are the only one in charge of your destiny.

Mike.

Cudakiller70

chal340

Quote from: YellowThumper on May 22, 2017, 03:49:09 PM
Buy 2 pre-bent 3/8 diameter steel lines and install them side by side in factory location.

Yes, I would like, but $260 for the shipping!! I'm going to see with Dixies restoration and ask a quote.

chal340

Quote from: 1 Wild R/T on May 21, 2017, 07:15:25 AM
Regulator is built into the FiTech unit.. Filter is back by the fuel tank... I cut both ends off both lines & added fittings & hose to connect from the tank mounted pump to the fuel filter, from the fuel filter to the steel line going forward, from the steel line going forward to the FiTech unit, and so on....

I used compression fittings to attach to the steel lines, the compression fitting have a 45 degree flare on the other end... From that I used 45 flare to push lok, some are straight, I've got a couple 180's at the fuel filter, I've got a couple 90's at the FiTech, I've got a couple 45's ate the tank/pump.....I used right at 10" of high pressure fuel rated black push lok hose....

The fuel filter is mounted to the rear shock crossmember, in a steel bracket that it snaps into....

@1 Wild R/T, I didn't find those kind of fitiings at Summit, compression fittings with 45 degre flare, do you have a # please.
And if you have some pics of your installation.   :thankyou:

1 Wild R/T

Apparently even though they are compression fittings they aren't called compression fittings, they are called "Tube adapter fittings... Just gotta keep it fun..

https://www.summitracing.com/search/department/fittings-hoses/section/fittings-plugs/brand/summit-racing/part-type/tube-adapter-fittings?N=4294951003%2B4294951002%2B400304%2B4294552892&SortBy=Default&SortOrder=Ascending 

Be careful on ordering hose, the first hose I ordered when it arrived said it wasn't suitable for fuel... The on line catalog forgot to mention that little detail.... What do you think most car builders are gonna use 3/8 push lock hose for?

Ok, pictures, in the engine compartment where the lines turn up along the firewall, because they pass next to the flange on the frame rail I put a length of heater hose over the lines  & used a hose clamp around the heater hose and a little tabbed bracket that is screwed to the frame in a hole that was already there...

The picture that shows lines or either side of the shock crossmember, at first I tried running both like stock, behind the crossmember but things wouldn't fit very well...

Fuel filter, I used 180 degree fittings at each end to gain room...