Main Menu

how to connect fuel vent tubes to tank?

Started by SwissCuda, September 30, 2018, 01:15:35 PM

Previous topic Next topic

SwissCuda

guys how do you connect the fuel tank vent lines together and to the tank?
I have two pieces, one is the line that goes into the trunk close to the fender, the second one goes underneath the trunk floor and connects to the fuel tank.

anlauto

The long "S" tube goes through the hole in the frame rail and connects to the gas tank (red) with a rubber hose. The other end (green) connects to the other tube once you mount it in the floor. The blue circle just dumps inside the frame rail.
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

RJChallenger

Alan that long S tube that connects to the gas tank ,  My A66  challenger has only one tube on the fuel sending unit, is this a big block setup?

anlauto

No, that is a Cuda set up....Challenger is different it doesn't hook to the sending unit, it hooks to the vent tube on the passenger side of the tank
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

CudaMoparRay

RJChallenger

Allan, My gas tank has no such vent. The gas tank has only two holes, one for the sending unit ( 5/16 hose) and the second for the filler neck . No other holes? Am I missing something

anlauto

This is a Cuda we're talking about, your car is a 70 Challenger, so you're all good !

On a 70 Challenger, instead of the vent line attaching to the fuel tank on the passenger side, it attaches to the fuel neck filler tube inside the trunk.