Main Menu

Going nuts about these nuts - part ID help needed

Started by Dakota, January 22, 2019, 08:53:20 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Dakota

I've been slowly eliminating my parts piles.  I have a box of small stuff that I purchased months or years ago, most of which I've re-remembered what they were for except for the flanged nuts on the left in the picture below.  What would these be used for?  Thread size is about 1/4".  Flange is 1" across. The nut on the right, included for reference, is for attaching the seats to the car.

Most of the small parts I've purchased arrive with some kind of tag or marking that helps me figure where it goes.   These nuts were apparently shipped in an unmarked baggie.  :headbang:

js27

Kind of look like the nuts that hold the heater box to the firewall or the ones that hold the seats down but they have a serrated edge on them I believe.
JS27

anlauto

No...those nuts are used on the battery hold down. :alan2cents: I doubt you'll find them anywhere else on a 1970 E Body.
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Dakota

Quote from: anlauto on January 22, 2019, 09:01:11 AM
No...those nuts are used on the battery hold down. :alan2cents: I doubt you'll find them anywhere else on a 1970 E Body.

Yes!   :banana: Thanks Alan.  The pic is probably small, but the photo below from Rosevill's website shows all the pieces of the battery hold down (including the nuts).