Main Menu

Holley sniper question

Started by fireguyfire, November 16, 2019, 08:08:47 PM

Previous topic Next topic

fireguyfire

Unpacked the Holley sniper kit I bought for my 383 and am familiarizing myself with the parts of the system.
One thing isn't mentioned in the manual, and I'm sure I'm not looking close enough, but there's no instruction on removing the manual fuel pump and also, there doesn't appear to be a "blanking plate" in the kit either to block off the fuel pump opening.
I'm surprised there isn't one provided in the kit.
Can anyone sort me out on this?

larry4406

Pull the pump, remove the pushrod, install a blank cover with gasket.  Years ago I bought a blank off cover from Direct Connection.

TheAutoArchaeologist

The Sniper kit has just everything associated with the system itself.  The old fuel system and it's components are up to you. 

Here's the blockoff plate.

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/sum-402035/overview/make/chrysler
Ryan Brutt
The Automotive Archaeologist
TheAutoArchaeologist@yahoo.com
www.barnfinds.org

fireguyfire

fireguyfire

So the guy at the performance shop where I bought my blanking plate said that a lot of guys that are sticklers for originality but want to add the EFI kits are running the fuel lines through a gutted old fuel pump and from there to the EFI head.
Has anyone on here done that?

Chryco Psycho

Not sure why , it clearly will not be original , just another game to play . the fear would be having the diaphragm fail & fill the crankcase with fuel , why take the risk??

fireguyfire

I agree; thought I'd bring it up for discussion

Chryco Psycho

pump diaphragms are not designed for 55 psi

Are you talking of just using an gutted fuel pump with lines running thru the pump for looks ?

I've seen some Harley's with fake kick starters pedal and arm for just looks.

fireguyfire

That's what he said; you disassemble and gut the fuel pump so it just free flows through it.
Sounds like a big recipe for a leak to me.

Chryco Psycho

NO way I would do that , which shop was telling you about it ?

fireguyfire

Just a parts place; guy behind the counter mentioned he'd heard people are doing this; definitely didn't recommend it himself

If someone was to do it using a fuel line inside the pump hidden and no opening into the engine if they wanted the fuel pump look.