Main Menu

Missing piston ring

Started by Matt13, April 11, 2021, 01:42:39 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Matt13

So, I start to assemble my 340 tonight and cam and crank go in great. Get to my pistons and rings, and I am short 1 fricken ring! I bought this piston/ring set last year on EBay, so I think it's been too long to ask them for a new set. Any suggestions? I can't find a single seller who has just one piston ring set for sale. It's a sealed power set # E-286K 40.

Bullitt-

They do list a single ring part # WE-286K40. perhaps a local parts house could order
seep page 90    https://drivcat.com/digipubZ/Sealed-Power-Engine-Parts-and-Kits-Volume-1/SealedPower%20Volume%201.pdf
.                                               [glow=black,42,300]Doin It Southern Syle[/glow]       

gzig5

Summit had a couple options for single ring kits from various makers for my 340 when I was looking.  You could just run a similar spec from a different maker if you can't find your specific one.  Maybe contact the company directly?  Otherwise put a WTB add on the various Mopar forums or Facechat.  FABO and Moparts seem to get a lot of traffic.

Matt13

Quote from: gzig5 on April 11, 2021, 09:06:38 AM
Summit had a couple options for single ring kits from various makers for my 340 when I was looking.  You could just run a similar spec from a different maker if you can't find your specific one.  Maybe contact the company directly?  Otherwise put a WTB add on the various Mopar forums or Facechat.  FABO and Moparts seem to get a lot of traffic.
I'm pretty sure Sealed Power/Federal Mogul is no longer in business. If I'm wrong, someone please let me know how to contact them!

JonH

Quote from: Matt13 on April 11, 2021, 11:35:52 AM
I'm pretty sure Sealed Power/Federal Mogul is no longer in business. If I'm wrong, someone please let me know how to contact them!

Not really...Sealed Power was bought by Federal Mogul then Federal Mogul was bought by Tenneco...pretty easy to Google something like this...

Matt13

Quote from: JonH on April 11, 2021, 12:03:51 PM
Quote from: Matt13 on April 11, 2021, 11:35:52 AM

Not really...Sealed Power was bought by Federal Mogul then Federal Mogul was bought by Tenneco...pretty easy to Google something like this...
Actually, yes. Straight from Tenneco customer service, and no help available for the missing ring.