Main Menu

Motor Mount Information

Started by Gary AAR, January 13, 2021, 07:48:48 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Purepony

I keep hearing Mancini mounts are 50 but when I check it's 250
I just run a bolt through them

ZippyZoo

Mancini mounts with a bolt through the rubber portion - or at least that's how I interpret it. $64.95
https://www.manciniracing.com/benmaset.html
Fits: B & E Body

Stronger than Stock! Mancini Racing modifies the factory style rubber mount with a countersunk bolt.

The tapered bolt prevents the mount from coming apart, like a studded rubber mount.

Rubber mount kit reduces vibrations, unlike solid or PolyLoc mounts.

Mrbill426

I ordered a pair of those today.

Quote from: ZippyZoo on May 26, 2021, 05:14:27 PM
Mancini mounts with a bolt through the rubber portion - or at least that's how I interpret it. $64.95

Stronger than Stock! Mancini Racing modifies the factory style rubber mount with a countersunk bolt.

The tapered bolt prevents the mount from coming apart, like a studded rubber mount.

Cudamike

Quote from: Mrbill426 on May 26, 2021, 07:59:16 PM
I ordered a pair of those today.

The tapeered bolt prevents the mount from coming apart, like a studded rubber mount.

I put those on 10 years ago when I rebuilt my motor. No problems.

Gary AAR

I had ordered a set of Mancini mounts, and when I tried to install them they did not fit right.  When I would install the bolt through the mount and k-member holes, the mount wouldn't lay flat against the k-member.  If I removed the bolt and allowed the mount to sit flat on the k-member, then the bolt holes in the mount and k-member wouldn't line up.  Maybe I just had a bad set of mounts.  I was trying to use them on my stock 70 Cuda with 340.

When you get yours, let us know if you have similar fit up issues that I had.

7212Mopar

I have the same problem on the Mancini Magnum mounts that the bolt holes don't line up sitting in the k frame. It is a quality control issue as there are others that has no issue with the mounts.
1973 Challenger Rallye, 416 AT
2012 Challenger SRT8 6 speed Yellow Jacket

Purepony

Great ! Now that I find them for cheap they don't fit lol can't win with mopar
I might just buy some local and  add a bolt like they did

Scooter

I had similar fitment issues with the new Mancini mounts. I needed to replace the passenger side poly lock that was trashed. The bends in the saddle were too close and it would not sit flush on the k-member.

New Mancini part...

Old Mancini part

I ended up using a stock rubber mount on the passenger side as the poly lockers seem to have issues being on the compression side. The drivers side was fine and working as intended.

On a related note, my Mancini engine adapters seemed to suffer similar fitment issues. Even bone stock rubber mounts would not work correctly. 

Mancini adapter:

NOS adapter I purchased from Ebay:

Side by side Mancini and OEM, Mancini on Left. Note I replaced the rubber mount with a new one while I was in there. I did try the new mount on the Mancini adapter and it had the same issue. 

Let us know how your new pinned mounts work out.

GL!

:bigthumb:

Mrbill426

@Gary AAR  Got them (the rubber mounts) yesterday... Bingo, the holes on the ears for the long through bolt are drilled too high up on the ears and as a result when you bolt them to the K-frame the mounts do not sit on the frame pad; the bolt takes the load  :Thud:  I would expect for $65 + freight they you produce a mount that fits.  Heck rather than making them from scratch it seems they could buy $5 Anchors that DO fit and modify those... still be money ahead and have a product that fits  :thinking:
They are going back to Mancini  :thumbdown:

Quote from: Gary AAR on May 27, 2021, 07:37:35 AM
I had ordered a set of Mancini mounts, and when I tried to install them they did not fit right.  When I would install the bolt through the mount and k-member holes, the mount wouldn't lay flat against the k-member.  If I removed the bolt and allowed the mount to sit flat on the k-member, then the bolt holes in the mount and k-member wouldn't line up.  Maybe I just had a bad set of mounts.  I was trying to use them on my stock 70 Cuda with 340.

When you get yours, let us know if you have similar fit up issues that I had.

Scooter

^^^ No idea how they are getting relatively simple parts manufactured so out of spec. and shipping them?

Thanks for reporting back.

Burdar

Quotethe holes on the ears for the long through bolt are drilled too high up on the ears and as a result when you bolt them to the K-frame the mounts do not sit on the frame pad; the bolt takes the load.  They are going back to Mancini 

Sounds like all it would take for it to fit is 5 minutes with an air grinder to open up the holes a little bigger.

anlauto

Interesting, I'm restoring a 71 Cuda convertible right now for a customer and since he needed mounts and I have a few sets in stock, INCLUDING the Mancini Mag Mounts, which I was going to sell him.......

I thought I would try them out....First picture is the Mancini mount, second is a el'cheapo Anchor mount....

I do agree with Darren, it's a pretty fix, but why should you have to ? :huh:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Burdar

You shouldn't have to.  I agree there.  But I wouldn't send them back because of it.  Car parts need to be modified all the time.  It's nothing new.  Getting out the grinder is easier IMO then the hassle to send them back.

anlauto

I think I would just knock the nut off the mount  :dunno:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Mrbill426

@Burdar I hear what you are saying about modifying the mount but for $65 I don't think a customer should have to elongate a hole (mine is a 1/4" out) on such a simple to begin with mount; actually both of them, and one, the right side, is merely a (bad) clone of a mount in plentiful production.  They must know by now that they don't fit properly.  I'm calling them on Monday. 

Quote from: Burdar on June 04, 2021, 01:58:44 PM
You shouldn't have to.  I agree there.  But I wouldn't send them back because of it.  Car parts need to be modified all the time.  It's nothing new.  Getting out the grinder is easier IMO then the hassle to send them back.