Main Menu

Recommendations for OEM Distributor Restoration?

Started by 7E-Bodies, January 30, 2022, 04:09:03 PM

Previous topic Next topic

7E-Bodies

The distributor on my 70 440 could stand to be gone through now that the engine is back from rebuild. They used it fine on the dyno and break in and said it performed well, so it shouldn't be a huge job. Who does them? Any suggestions?
1970 Challenger R/T Numbers Matching 440 Auto in F8 Quad Green

69BFan

www.restorationpartsandmaterials.com  Mopar weatherstripping is our specialty, but we offer a wide assortment of restoration products.

7E-Bodies

69BFan

www.restorationpartsandmaterials.com  Mopar weatherstripping is our specialty, but we offer a wide assortment of restoration products.

headejm

EV2RTSE

I'll be looking to have mine done in the near future so I'm following along;

Joe White comes up a lot and everyone seems to be happy with the work he does.

I've also heard good things about 'Halifaxhop'
https://www.forebodiesonly.com/forum/threads/rebuilt-mopar-distributors.25299/#post-152768

and the CrossRamConnection.
http://www.crossramconnection.com/distrest.html

71383bee

Another recommendation for Joe White.  He did both of my small block dizzies which included disassembly, cleaning, curving, and reassembly.  He ran both for me in the $350 total range IIRC.  They both run and look great!

Before and after photos....

73 Challenger Rallye - 340 4 speed - K6 w/ White Top
70 Challenger Convertible - 318 Auto - K5 w/ White Top

MRM82

Here is Halifax hops card. I had a long phone call with him, seems like a great guy very knowledgeable!

7E-Bodies

@71383bee That is nothing short of AMAZING! He has mine as we speak (original to my 440). Now I'm REALLY looking forward to getting it back. The more I hear about Joe, the more I like him. My engine is done, meticulously painted, and awaiting assembly of peripherals like the distributor, wires, alternator brackets (out for powder coat), hoses, belts, etc. Fun stages.