So about the shit linkage, is that for when you give it shit?  :haha:
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

Brads70

Quote from: blown motor on September 07, 2020, 06:43:15 AM
So about the shit linkage, is that for when you give it shit?  :haha:

Please, tell us you wore rubber gloves when you were playing with that stuff? I hope he didn't step in any of it and ruin those nice shoes!  :Stirring:

RUNCHARGER

Is the bushing tight on the swivel rod for the shift linkage? Frequent problem when it doesn't go into first firmly.
Sheldon

Cudajason

@blown motor and @Brads70 funny guys funny guys! Hey at least the pics are the right side up!!

I dropped the car down on its wheels today, just to see how it all fit and measure a few things.

@RUNCHARGER Yeah everything is as tight as it was before.  I sat in it and ran through the gears and it feels much better...turns out the spring in the linkage was off.

I did not add any shims to the trans mount, I wanted to see how everything looked first. I think the engine is sitting low at the back end and needs to come up. The trans looks like it pointing down to so I  think it needs to come up some. Based on my angle finder I think The engine is 7.5 degrees down. I might wait until I get my driveshaft and measure the driveline angle before I do anything else, but to me it looks like the engine is sitting at more of an angle then it was before.

I am also not crazy about the ground clearance with this pan...looks pretty low. I could raise the front end a bit if I have too.

Felt good to see it on its wheels!!!

Probably raise it back up today or tomorrow.

Jason
1974 Cuda. 360 / A500 OD.  Yes its pink, no its not my wife's car!  Yes I drive it.

Brads70

Scooter

Quote from: Cudajason on September 06, 2020, 06:51:21 PM
. . .

@Scooter yeah man, that is the factory NSS and connector. Not sure why it would not work on yours...I used the same one on my 727 and did not have any issues.

Jason

Thanks for the reply. My NSS is much larger.. you can just see the plug past the shift linkage in this photo.

I need to hunt down a lower profile NSS eventually.

Looking forward to your first spin.. get video!

:twothumbsup:

RUNCHARGER

Sheldon

Topcat

Quote from: Cudajason on September 03, 2020, 05:53:24 AM

Man I have the worst luck with pics!!!!

Can  please flip them for me????

:headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

All you gotta do is edit them in your saved file, save, then re post.

BIGSHCLUNK

Looks like you changed pans ? or is that a camera angle thing?   :wrenching:

Katfish

Looks like the same pan I have, and it does hang low.
Dorman replacement on newer cars, hard to beat for $40.

I haven't had an issue yet.

Cudajason

Quote from: BIGSHCLUNK on September 08, 2020, 02:30:48 PM
Looks like you changed pans ? or is that a camera angle thing?   :wrenching:

Yeah man new pan. Wanted one with a drain plug and the old one had a dent in it and the paint was flaking inside so i figured better safe than sorry.

Jason
1974 Cuda. 360 / A500 OD.  Yes its pink, no its not my wife's car!  Yes I drive it.

Cudajason

Quote from: Scooter on September 07, 2020, 10:34:35 AM
Quote from: Cudajason on September 06, 2020, 06:51:21 PM
. . .

@Scooter yeah man, that is the factory NSS and connector. Not sure why it would not work on yours...I used the same one on my 727 and did not have any issues.

Jason

@Scooter , I have never seen a NSS switch like that.  I have an old one like the one in my pics laying around.  Happy to send it too you to see if it works.

Jason

Thanks for the reply. My NSS is much larger.. you can just see the plug past the shift linkage in this photo.

I need to hunt down a lower profile NSS eventually.

Looking forward to your first spin.. get video!

Scooter

Appreciate the offer Jason. If you scare it up let me know and I'll send the cost of shipping and a 6'er of favorite beverage.  ;)

The motor and tranny are not original to the car.

Don't know what it came out of but most NSS I have seen look like yours.

The cooler lines are not a great fit either... but are on the car and functioning so circle back to that some other day.

Are you up and spinning yet? Be sure to get video! Got a good one of first fire up for the 390fe in my Ford. Humbling... of all things I forgot to put the radiator cap back on and you can hear my younger son in the video alerting me my car is making a mess in the driveway as I'm revving it up for the break in.. lol. 

Cudajason

sigh...ordered my driver shaft yesterday...and the guys I am working with just realized that I need a mopar driveshaft using internal clips on the u-joints and not the external clips that the chevy u-joints use. .

SO waiting on a new quote for that.  he had quoted me a good price, so hopefull its not too much more.

I am also going to upgrape to the larger 7290 ujoints for the new shaft.  Knowing that somewhere down the line I want to upgrade the rear end and will likely update the engine for more power, so it make sense to do it now.

Hopefullly I will have the driveshaft this weekend and then I can sort our my dipstick issue, then I can fire it all up and see if it works.   :fingerscrossed:

Then I need to measure the driveline angles and I am sure I will have to play with that.

man this is a big project!!!   :Thud: :Thud:

:wrenching:

Scooter

Quote from: Cudajason on September 17, 2020, 08:41:01 AM
. . .

man this is a big project!!!   :Thud: :Thud:

:wrenching:

Your thread celebrated it's 1 year anniversary... last month.... lol.

Stick with it!