Main Menu

RH transmission - The Result

Started by Cudajason, August 19, 2019, 06:17:38 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Cudajason

Just in case I missed anyone...Thank you to everyone that has or has offered to help me out in this search.

It is you guys that make this place what it is!!

Jason
1974 Cuda. 360 / A500 OD.  Yes its pink, no its not my wife's car!  Yes I drive it.

blown motor

Quote from: Cudajason on October 31, 2019, 12:31:27 PM
Quote from: Brads70 on October 31, 2019, 12:11:36 PM
So to double check.... what we need is a  89-95 trucks/vans & Dakotas with 5.2 or 5.9
You would think it would be not that hard to find?

Correct...46rh transmission.  2WD

There seems to be a few 4WD versions out there...but what can I do with that!!!!

Jason

Build a 4WD Cuda!  :pokeeye:
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: Brads70 on October 31, 2019, 06:00:29 PM
My buddy Darcy ( mopar hoarder! LOL ) just texted me ( he is in Arizona on holidays) says he has one from a v10 that he says has HD parts in them?  Might have a few of the others, recently scrapped out a bunch of them.  :headbang: Anyone know about them?  :notsure:

V10 is a excellent starting point, it is a 618 has all the HD parts already.. I'm not 100% certain but I believe it uses the standard small block bolt pattern...

Lots of lighter duty 518's get upgraded with 618 clutches, planetaries & O/D parts...

blown motor

@Cudajason 86 Auto Recyclers west of Listowel had two Dakotas in that year range. It's a you pull yard so she couldn't tell me any details on the vehicles as they only record year model and colour. No parts inventory. I can check into it next week if you want.

Chryco Psycho

Quote from: 1 Wild R/T on October 31, 2019, 07:43:39 PM
My buddy Darcy ( mopar hoarder! LOL ) just texted me ( he is in Arizona on holidays) says he has one from a v10 that he says has HD parts in them?  Might have a few of the others, recently scrapped out a bunch of them.  :headbang: Anyone know about them?  :notsure:

V10 is a excellent starting point, it is a 618 has all the HD parts already.. I'm not 100% certain but I believe it uses the standard small block bolt pattern...

Lots of lighter duty 518's get upgraded with 618 clutches, planetaries & O/D parts...

I recall this is correct , the V10 is small block belhousing pattern

Brads70

@Cudajason   Hurry up I know another guy looking at it too. Its from a diesel not sure of the bellhousing bolt pattern but the guts would be worth it even if you had to install them in another case maybe?   
https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/888813044851711/

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: Brads70 on November 03, 2019, 10:00:36 AM
@Cudajason   Hurry up I know another guy looking at it too. Its from a diesel not sure of the bellhousing bolt pattern but the guts would be worth it even if you had to install them in another case maybe?   

Neil has confirmed my belief that the bolt pattern from the V10 to the V8 is the same..  Buy it...  Assuming it's a RH not an RE

But after following that link it's a Cummins not a V10... Cummins bell is different....  And it looks like an RH but with that photo it's hard to be 100% sure..

But for $200 theres lots of good parts there..

Cudajason

Hey guys,

Sorry for the radio silence....busy weekend and then a business trip today.  Sigh..no rest for the wicked.

Quote from: blown motor on November 01, 2019, 09:58:14 AM
@Cudajason 86 Auto Recyclers west of Listowel had two Dakotas in that year range. It's a you pull yard so she couldn't tell me any details on the vehicles as they only record year model and colour. No parts inventory. I can check into it next week if you want.

Murray...if you wouldn't mind having a look, that would be cool.

Quote from: Chryco Psycho on November 01, 2019, 11:04:27 AM
Quote from: 1 Wild R/T on October 31, 2019, 07:43:39 PM

I recall this is correct , the V10 is small block belhousing pattern

Interesting...I had heard / read  the V10 in the truck were a different bolt pattern...maybe I read wrong. 

Cummins I know is different.

Quote from: 1 Wild R/T on November 03, 2019, 10:57:04 AM
Quote from: Brads70 on November 03, 2019, 10:00:36 AM

Neil has confirmed my belief that the bolt pattern from the V10 to the V8 is the same..  Buy it...  Assuming it's a RH not an RE

But after following that link it's a Cummins not a V10... Cummins bell is different....  And it looks like an RH but with that photo it's hard to be 100% sure..

But for $200 theres lots of good parts there..

I thought that looked different than any of the 46RH's I have seen.  At this point I would like to find something that fits...first, then I will consider a "parts" trans.

If the place Murry is checking out do not pan out, I will see if that 500 I was looking at is still available...its a 2 hour dive one way, but that's do able.

Jason

1974 Cuda. 360 / A500 OD.  Yes its pink, no its not my wife's car!  Yes I drive it.

Chryco Psycho

I thought Brad had a couple of 518 lined up for you  :thinking:

YellowThumper

I have gearhead family in Wisconsin. One just purchased my 02 Dakota R/T 5.9.
I will ask around there as well.
Life is to be viewed thru the windshield. Not rear view mirror.
You are the only one in charge of your destiny.

Mike.

Brads70

Quote from: Chryco Psycho on November 04, 2019, 07:15:45 PM

Haven't heard back from Darcy yet?

Cudajason

Quote from: Brads70 on November 04, 2019, 07:43:47 PM

Wait Darcy owns a transmission shop???

Jason

blown motor

I went to the wrecker this morning and found two Dakotas. One was a manual and the other one was an automatic with the drive train missing. Go figure!

Brads70

Quote from: Cudajason on November 05, 2019, 07:19:08 AM
Quote from: Brads70 on November 04, 2019, 07:43:47 PM

Wait Darcy owns a transmission shop???

Jason

No he used to be a service manager at a dealership and did them under warranty  etc.... he used to bring some of them home but never did anything with them...

YellowThumper

Ya got 2 more eyes looking out in Wisconsin.
Probable to get a running rustbucket.
Life is to be viewed thru the windshield. Not rear view mirror.
You are the only one in charge of your destiny.

Mike.