shaker bubble clearance

Started by moparx5, September 27, 2020, 04:40:25 PM

Previous topic Next topic

moparx5

bubble rocking on air cleaner
cold air door seems do be hitting air cleaner lid
element is 2'' tall

Floyd

Do you have the rubber seal for the adaptor ring?

moparx5

yes i do
didn't appear that would make up the difference 

76orangewagon

Your correct...the seal has nothing to do with your issue. Loosen the (7) nuts that hold the seal ring to the base plate and adjust it forward to get clearance...

Chryco

Check the 3 studs on the doors for clearance
Tommy The Chryco
Cuda Rubber Bumpers and The Better "Shaker Kits"
1-866-893-2547

moparx5

pulled base all the way forward still hits
put tin foil on top of air cleaner, crushed fat  where lid starts to rise up

moparx5

measured from front bubble mounting hole to where cold air door opens 10 1/2''
measured from hole on base plate same distance
above pics of clearance height tells me there is no clearance

Chryco

Oh boy. Thoses mounting studs on that shaker are way to high! I'll send u a pic
Tommy The Chryco
1-866-893-2547

Chryco

See attached
Tommy The Chryco
1-866-893-2547

Racer57

Dumb question, nut just to be safe. Do you have the proper air filter and not one thats too tall ?

Chryco

Loosen all 7 nuts to the adaptor Ring and move it forward towards the car, it maybe just enough to clear it. Just a thought
Tommy The Chryco
1-866-893-2547

moparx5

air cleaner is correct , dont think i would want anything shorter anyway , that beast needs to breath a little
threw a side note from chryo we determined there may be some bubbles out there with problems , i have a plan and simple fix ,,,,, to be continued 

anlauto

I've done a lot of Shaker cars and never had that issue  :thinking: :clueless:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

moparx5

that is with everything removed looking in threw grill hole passenger side, all the room in the world drivers side, bubble is centered in hood  pulled all the way forward , bubble now sits flat on adapter plate because i took everything out of it ,but as u can see inner structure of bubble just touches air cleaner, so when grill is installed it hits air cleaner and when cold air door is in in hits worse because the lid begins to taper up , who knows ? bad bubble ?  my bad luck? covid??? lol
gonna shim up adapter plate with some 3/8 or 1/4'' stock whatever it takes to get it off the air cleaner, when i find a good height i will have a spacer ring water jet cut out of aluminum  and be done with it, the original hood for the car is leaning against the wall next to car , i bet the air cleaner never hit under that lol , guess this is the price to look cool   

moparx5