Main Menu

SST/TCI EZ TCU Software Question

Started by 73_Cuda_4_Me, June 29, 2021, 05:57:58 AM

Previous topic Next topic

73_Cuda_4_Me

So.... I've installed an SST A-41 Perfect Fit kit with a TCI EZ TCU just over a year ago, and have also just installed a TCI paddle shifter and Grant steering wheel.

Really happy with the SST kit, but all of the TCI literature shows screen shots of setup software running on a laptop or tablet, and there is no such software offered that I can find.

Deep in some of the literature, it mentions "KE-CD1.exe" that apparently got emailed to certified purchase buyers, based on Kiesler software, but that isn't offered anymore...

Does anyone have a suggestion on who/where/how to get something similar that can be installed on laptop or tablet, that would interface with the EZ TCU? I have a USB to serial cable already, and have enough puter experience to implement.

I hate spending so much money on components that have instruction manuals showing how to set stuff up using said software, when it isn't even available...

I had to email TCI to try to find out how to reset the paddle shifter display so that it reads english units instead of metric... we'll see how long it takes to hear back from them...

:Thud:
73 340 `Cuda 727 Auto on Column

BS23H3B

Cudino

Are you sure you have an EZ TCU controller?  I bought this same kit also about a year ago, and some of the older SST literature did mention the EZ TCU.  But the controller I actually got with my kit was a Compushift unit from HGM.  I downloaded the Compushift App and it worked fine.

- Wade

73_Cuda_4_Me

Thanks for the reply, Wade!

Yup, it is a TCI EZ-TCU that came with the SST A-41 kit, also a TCI hand-held display was included, which works perfectly, but doesn't access the unit of measure portion of the TCU. What is strange is that the hand-held unit displays correct units, but not the paddle shifter display...

The paddle shift with display and receiver came this month, and both work fine, just displays wrong units, with no way to access them that I have come across... The Users guide (TCI # 301441) literature included with paddle shifter says in section 5.2 that "The units for vehicle speed, manifold pressure, and coolant and transmission temperature are selectable from the TCU software."

Just don't have the software to run to set them... I have called customer service, and the rep is supposed to check into this and call me back with remedy.

edit: I actually purchased the A-41 kit in May of 2019... so 2 years ago..

BS23H3B

Cudino

Thanks for the reply, and sorry I can't help.  Makes me wonder when and why SST changed to Compushift, but I also didn't order the paddle shift so maybe that's part of it.  Hopefully you get the answers you're looking for!

- Wade

73_Cuda_4_Me

Thanks Wade! Not sure of the reason for the switch, either...

The paddle shifter is an option that TCI offers to work with later steering wheels with 5 or 6 bolt mounts, and since I was replacing my steering wheel, I got an extra 'father's day' gift of the paddle shifter...

Cheers,

Mickey

BS23H3B

73_Cuda_4_Me

So..... is anyone running the TCI software???

How did you get it?

Any source available to be able to get it from??

BS23H3B

Skdmark

What is the part number for EZ-TCU that you have?

You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.
-Harlan Ellison

(O OI====II====IO O)    (O O{]{]{] ][ [}[}[}O O)
:stayinlane:

73_Cuda_4_Me

Mine looks exactly like that, except the hand-held has the TCI and FAST logo on the bottom of the screen instead of left side.

Don't see a part number on the TCU... is it located on the back, as I would have to unmount it if so to get the part number...

Thanks for the reply, @Skdmark !!!

BS23H3B

73_Cuda_4_Me

@Skdmark  -  The shipper received with my kit lists it as TRA-TCUA41-TCI, Description just says SST EZ-TCU...

BS23H3B

Skdmark

@73_Cuda_4_Me

Disclaimer I don't have a TCI EZ-TCU just seeing what I can do to help.

I found this link to the CD download for the TCI T-Com v2 software. I think this is what you are looking for.
I scanned it and my virus software said it was clean. You may want to check with your own virus program.
It did install on my PC ok too.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/02ls092730vpm4t/TCI-TCU-CD.exe/file

You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.
-Harlan Ellison

(O OI====II====IO O)    (O O{]{]{] ][ [}[}[}O O)
:stayinlane:

73_Cuda_4_Me

Thank you, @Skdmark

I'll give it a go, and let you know if it works!

BS23H3B

73_Cuda_4_Me

@Skdmark  - Well, no joy!   :angry:

I did end up buying a USB to serial cable converter from IOGEAR, and received that this morning... got everything configured as far as I could...

The TCI software doesn't detect a TCU when plugged into the same cable that the TCU handheld unit uses to communicate with the TCU...

Called TCI again, and was told to ship the paddle shifter back, and they would exchange it. They have never seen a paddle shifter display metric units.

Frustrated doesn't adequately describe feelings right now...

BS23H3B