Main Menu

E Body Exhaust running just mufflers under car eliminating resonators? Thoughts

Started by Marksmopar1, May 03, 2019, 09:44:42 AM

Previous topic Next topic

RUNCHARGER

It gives better ground clearance and driveshaft clearance. Only thing I don't like is the mufflers are near the gas tank so the heat will transfer easier to the fuel but it's hot under there no matter what.
Sheldon

Topcat

@Marksmopar1

These are Magnaflows stainless steel.

I don't recall the p/n but I will try and see if I can find them.

My system is a 2.5" front to back, no baffles, straight through.

She purrs like a Kitty at 2,500 RPM.
But hit 3,500 RPM hard, and she'll roar like a Lion.

Topcat

Quote from: RUNCHARGER on May 04, 2019, 11:06:39 AM
It gives better ground clearance and driveshaft clearance. Only thing I don't like is the mufflers are near the gas tank so the heat will transfer easier to the fuel but it's hot under there no matter what.

You'd be surprised.

Today I ran her hard and put my hand on the mufflers 10 minutes after, and I could put my whole hand on.

Medium warm...not bad at all.

Topcat

@Marksmopar1

Found em!   :bradsthumb:

I ordered these from Summit and I called them.

They found my prior order history from when I bought them back then.

MagnaFlow Performance Mufflers 14716

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/mpe-14716

Topcat

The tips I bought from a member and there's no way to recall who or where he bought them from.

Albeit, somebody here will know...2.5" Stainless steel with chromed tips.

Marksmopar1

TopCat

Fantastic, I will check these out for sure....
A very clean install, just what I am looking for.
   I already have Stainless 2.5" tips and wanted to go the 2.5 all the way through to the back. These muffs may be just what I need!
  Appreciated...
    So you say the sound is ok, How about highway cruise, drone?  I may go with an H pipe as well, this should keep some of the crackle sound down if there is any.

Topcat

I just re built my trans and I was telling a member here I can handle a 2  or 3 hour drive now.

3:54 Dana, Hemi engine is what I have. 

Marksmopar1

TopCat,

If your able to do a 2-3 hour drive and handle the exhaust note, then I would say its ok, minimal drone. Perfect!
I looked up those Muffs, I see they are 7" round. I wont need polished stainless...but nothing offered in a 7" non polished Stainless 2.5 in and out that I saw. The 6" round has a non polished stainless that is cheaper being non polished....
   This has been good, Thank you for the info on the muffs... That will give me a simple install, look factory from behind the car and great sound! ...  I have the heat shields and stainless tips in 2.5 etc so this will be perfect!
   I just worry about the noise droning sound and crackle when you get into it. But from what your saying these concerns should be ok. Oh, and I did notice your also running a H pipe system, I find the H pipe does reduce some of heat crackle noise if any is present. 

Topcat

The chrome muffler lower round half is visible under the valence from cars behind you.

Like a half moon chrome.

But I like it.

It shows you mean business.

Marksmopar1

TopCat.

That link to A Facebook Page is not working?
If it's a sound bit, I would like to see it!

:ohyeah:

Topcat

Quote from: Marksmopar1 on May 05, 2019, 07:16:38 PM
TopCat.

@Marksmopar1

On Facebook:
Bay Area Classic Mopar Meet & Cruises

Scroll till you find May 4th.
Click on video.  .03 seconds

Best one: May 5 at 10:14 AM

Topcat

Quote from: Marksmopar1 on May 05, 2019, 07:16:38 PM
TopCat.

If it's a sound bit, I would like to see it!

@Marksmopar1

Found it!

Marksmopar1

TopCat,

That does sound good, just right....thank you for the help with the link...
Amazing Cuda...very sweet ride!

js27

I have been running straight mufflers since 2001. I run a 440 with headers. No problems-I like the sound-drove it 150 miles to Carlisle at 70 MPH and didn't think it was too loud or annoying at all.
JS27