Main Menu

E Body Exhaust running just mufflers under car eliminating resonators? Thoughts

Started by Marksmopar1, May 03, 2019, 09:44:42 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Chryco Psycho

TC Cuda is Awesome , love the color & no billboards or vinyl roof + the 4 spd of course  :cooldance:

Marksmopar1

Nice!
  What are you running for Muffs out back?
    Looking good!

dave73

I'm running headers into a TTI X-Pipe, drectly into super turbo mufflers dumped under my rear axle. Pretty mild to be honest, so I had cutouts welded in.

benlavigne

Just ordered the Magnaflow 2-1/2'' system with the X pipe and just mufflers in place of the resonators.
I'll have it installed next week, I'll try to have a proper sound clip...

Ben

Marksmopar1

Ben,,,

Fantastic,,,looking forward to hearing the system! 
  So, muffs under the car,,pipes out to the tips...cool.

I would enjoy hearing more of the owner rides...exhaust note is something we all want, it has to be just right.

Marksmopar1

Hey Ben
Did you get that Magnaflow system on your car?
Curious to how everything went and the sound... any sound clips? :)

soundcontrol

What is the difference between a muffler and a resonator? (inside). A drone at a certain rpm can be fixed with a J-pipe, that is an adjustable addition that cancels out a certain frequency, have a drone on my 08 SRT, at about 1900 rpm, might try a J-pipe there. I suspect a resonator is something similar... (but I don't know for sure).

MoparLeo

I manufactured glass packed mufflers in the early 70's and fabbed complete exhaust systems. Rule of thumb, the father away from the engine the muffler/resonators are the more effective they are at quieting the system. Just like a larger diameter tail pipe lowers the exhaust note/tone. Like blowing a horn. Smail pipe, high pitch, large pipe the tuba effect.
moparleo@hotmail.com  For professionally rebuilt door hinges...