Main Menu

Exhaust tips Q clamp installation question?

Started by 750-h2, April 26, 2018, 04:45:11 PM

Previous topic Next topic

750-h2

Is this the proper [factory] way to install the exhaust tips Q clamps?  Or should the nut portion be orientated to the side or top? Thanks.

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

750-h2

anlauto

I'd say they're right, but I thought the transmission cross member bolts went towards the front :haha:

How are they installed on Waldon's car ... ???
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

jimynick

When I disassembled my factory exhaust, the tip's clamps were pointing down. I think that if you try to put yourself in the place of a 70's assembly line worker, that the KISS principle would be correct. Then there's the issue of who/why would someone GAF which way they were installed, but that's just my  :alan2cents:  :cheers:
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

Brads70

750-h2

Thanks guys. Hard to see on that picture of Dave's car but it looks like they are installed the same way as the B7 car. I always figured that the Q clamps were used on the tips for aesthetic reasons so it would only make sense that there was a planned way to mount them.